PDA

View Full Version : 2003 SSV ballast

astinwes
01-19-2010, 12:40 PM
I am trying to decide how much and where to add weight to the boat. As of now i have the factory ballast setup which i believe is 250's in the rear and 600 in the locker. I was thinking of 400's in the rear and the GG center sak to replace what i have now. Does this seem like a good option. What are your current setups.

I know this topic has been beat to death but i can't find a straight answer.

Dreamer99
01-19-2010, 07:57 PM
I would purchase the GG 1180# sac for the ski locker and a pair of 750# sacs for the rear lockers. You will not be able to fill the sacs completely but you will have a massive wake.

astinwes
01-20-2010, 08:03 AM
thanks for the advice. Will the 750's fill to capacity.

Dreamer99
01-21-2010, 04:52 PM
No, you should get about 600# out of them. You could just get the GG 565# sacs but they cost more. I have the 1180# sac that I may sell if you are interested.

jasonwm
01-28-2010, 06:24 PM
Do you use the boat for surfing and wakeboarding, or just wakeboarding?

If you don't plan on using it for surfing you don't need to install 750's in the back, and V-Drive Sacs will be plenty. If you do plan on surfing, or think you might get into it in the future, then 750's in the back are worth the extra money as you'll use all of that weight for surfing.

We also have a couple of demo/blem Gravity Games rear bags in stock right now that would be a good option if you wanted something that fits perfectly in your rear compartments.

dusty2221
01-29-2010, 10:51 AM
Do you use the boat for surfing and wakeboarding, or just wakeboarding?

If you don't plan on using it for surfing you don't need to install 750's in the back, and V-Drive Sacs will be plenty. If you do plan on surfing, or think you might get into it in the future, then 750's in the back are worth the extra money as you'll use all of that weight for surfing.

We also have a couple of demo/blem Gravity Games rear bags in stock right now that would be a good option if you wanted something that fits perfectly in your rear compartments.

Would there be a special price on these demo bags?

jasonwm
02-02-2010, 03:16 PM
Would there be a special price on these demo bags?
You've got PM, I don't want to violate the advertising policy of the site.

87SunSportMikeyD
02-02-2010, 08:27 PM
You guys that use the center 1k bag, do you use it for surfing at all? Personally I have been really happy putting 2x 400 sacs in the bow, they sit right near the port/starboard hull so I can fill both for boarding or one for surfing. Works great imho.

I would totally get the 750 sacs for surfing, or at least one and quick connects so you can swap it out on demand.

jasonwm
02-03-2010, 01:00 PM
With a 750 in the back locker some weight up front is essential for surfing, especially in a Supra (they really benefit from weight up front). It's important to have enough weight in the back of the boat to give you enough size, but once you do that, weight up front will really improve the wake.

Would it be beneficial if we wrote a How-To guide for weighting your boat for wakeboarding and wakesurfing? A kind of starter guide to dialing in your ballast and wake?

jzelt
02-03-2010, 02:09 PM
I would say sure as I have only had mine on the water for 3 times in the fall and not all the ballast bags would fill/drain. That would help me in my learning curve for the first day on the water in the spring which I plan on spending filling and draining the different bags and see what that and the wake plate combo would produce. Course, I know with the different size boats/options, it may be difficult to do.

TayTay
02-03-2010, 02:11 PM
I think a how to guide would be good. After a summer of boating I am still learning how to adjust the wake. I would try to include what certain weight does to different wakes. Taller, shorter, longer, steeper, etc.

astinwes
02-05-2010, 12:32 PM
well, we have several options right now. We are going to try all of them when the weather gets a little warmer and see what works best. As of now, between people we know, we have collected:

2 400+ sacs for the rear
1 GG center sac
1 650 launch pad
1 ~450 launch pad
possibly some lead

i'm going to get out there and move weight around and see what makes the most quality weight. I'll try to take some notes so i can remember what did what and where. we'll see....

jasonwm
02-08-2010, 02:17 PM
Sounds good, I'll add that project to one of copywriters lists, so look for it in the next few weeks.

astinwes, keep us posted on your results, generalities are good, but it's always nice to have specific bag combinations that work well in a particular boat.

astinwes
02-08-2010, 02:19 PM
i'll do it. Im still a few weeks out from getting the pumps complete. I got all the sacs yesterday. The first day its even close to being warm enough to ride, i'm out there. I'll try to keep you all posted.