PDA

View Full Version : New idea upgrades?

jet
01-20-2010, 04:23 PM
What upgrades or mod's are you going to do to your boat over winter..AND what crazy ideas on your wish list? Im looking for new ideas. Jet

wet sand paint job
paint trailer
redo instrument plates and ad GPS
new carpet
diy bimini
light bar
tower interior leds
speaker leds
transom leds
fold down transom
ad gas shocks to sundeck/ice chest/fat sac holder
ad 2-new 400's to side eng=1600-1800lbs

my boat is going to be SICK this spring.

87SunSportMikeyD
01-20-2010, 06:30 PM
What else? How about:
Perfect Pass,
Fresh Air Exhuast,
Hot Water Shower,
Hot Air Heater with two pullout hot tubes (okay maybe you dont need that in TX darn you),
Tower Pads,
Speaker Sox with Supra logo...

Sounds fun :)

jet
01-21-2010, 12:15 AM
I thought you already had the fresh air exhaust?

Fman
01-21-2010, 01:08 AM
I just picked up my seats today from the upholstry shop, they installed the heaters in them. My drivers seat/backrest and passenger seat/backrest are now heated, I have to run the wires and mount the switches. I will post some pics when I am finished.

TayTay
01-21-2010, 02:29 AM
Some things that I am looking at doing (or wishing to do) are:

Hot Water Shower
Battery Charger/Maintainer for winter
New Roswell racks (mine are having problems, they quoted $100 for new racks to replace the crappy ones)
Underwater LED's
Speaker Soxs, or something similar
FMan's upgraded ballast and vent system
400# V-Drive bags
Satellite Radio

Okie Boarder
01-21-2010, 11:21 AM
Mine goes like this...

Finish the rebuild
Tower (Ordered)
Tower Speakers (On Hand)
Amp for tower speakers (Probably the Kicker KX450.2)
Configure rear seat for ballast bag
Reinforce ski locker to hold ballast bag
Tower racks
Tower mirror
Amp for in boat speakers and sub (Currently run in boats off deck and sub off it's own little amp)
New deck with ipod control and plug in

That's what I have for this year. The new deck, tower mirror and amp for in boats and sub are at the bottom of the list. They may not happen due to time or $$. A lot rides on what my final cost is for the rebuild.

sidetracked3
01-23-2010, 06:20 PM
Fman, do you ever stop? Heated seats? Really? I need you to come hook my boat up with all of your mods.

Fman
01-23-2010, 06:35 PM
Fman, do you ever stop? Heated seats? Really? I need you to come hook my boat up with all of your mods.

Kinda sounds crazy, but having these are going to be very nice during the early spring and fall skiing. Anything to get my wife out there early or late in the season, she hates being cold!!!

tg0824SSVGG
01-24-2010, 09:47 PM
Funny Fman ...

"I" am the driver in my family - the wife is the one in the water ... I will NEVER own another boat without a heater .. wow what a difference. Heated seats ... man, that might be sexy ... you gonna cool them too????

:o)

Fman
01-25-2010, 02:02 AM
I am usually the first one in the family to get in the water, then my kids will follow. My wife does a good job of driving, so hopefully this will be a good incentive to get her out on the water in early spring. We have heated seats in both our vehicles and they work great, I figured why not put them in the boat. With the pull out heaters, heated seats and front bow cover we should stay warm as possible :)

87SunSportMikeyD
01-25-2010, 02:13 PM
Jet ya I do have FAE I thought YOU were looking for ideas. :)

Fman dont forget to get the kewl fleece blanket that hooks up to the heater tube pull outs. So neato.

jet
01-25-2010, 02:31 PM
huh! What warm blanket..i need one of those for the wife. jet

87SunSportMikeyD
01-25-2010, 02:46 PM
Jet you have a heater w/ pullout tubes? I didn't know! That is awesome. Maybe you mentioned it earlier and I forgot hehe.

http://theboataccessoryshop.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=3

or here is a discussion thread I found
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/archive/index.php/t-8700.html

jet
01-25-2010, 03:04 PM
OH, yeah Im familiar with those. Is there a blanket that hooks up to the tubes?? Anyone DIY there own heater? I rode behind the 07" X-Star games boat (for real) and it had a heater but boy did it smell like the engine bay. It didnt smell like a eng water heater style? I could build one real easy and then run a hotter thermo. Hmm?? Add to list. Jet

sidetracked3
01-25-2010, 06:02 PM
Well Fman, if your ever in the SouthEast let me know. I need you to hook my boat up.

tg0824SSVGG
01-25-2010, 06:25 PM
We have one of the fleece blankets for our heater (got an opening in the bottom for
one of the tubes - which then fills the blanket with hot air)

VERY VERY nice (it wasn't cheap but SOO worth it for a cold rider/passenger)