PDA

View Full Version : 87 ts6m smooth wake??

rockythedog
01-24-2010, 03:07 PM
Hey, new to the forum. Bought a 87 ts6m this fall for slalom skiing. The boat seems to throw a rooster tail just ahead at 15 off. There doesn't seem to be much adjustment in the plate. Pushing down seems to curve the plate. Anyone got suggestions for smoother wakes? Thanks Dave

szarik5
01-24-2010, 04:40 PM
You can almost eliminate the rooster tail all together by calling acme props. Those guys are just great. Im not sure if they would have the details on what the prop might do with the prop-wash but what you need is to put on a 4-blade prop and lower the operating rpm with the size and angle of the prop. I did that with my 92 ts6m but went back to the 3-blade for more top speed for barefooting.

The prop wash was amazing with the larger prop - better than the new mastercraft.

rockythedog
01-24-2010, 04:46 PM
Thanks, do you have contact info for Acme?

csuggs
01-24-2010, 04:47 PM
Welcome to the forum, Dave. Most of the guys here are interested in a bigger wake, but it's good to see someone still wants to slalom! The owners manual that I have says the wake plate (cavitation plate is what they call it in the manual) should be horizontal for slalom skiing. They say to raise it for trick skiing or barefooting. So that's what's in the book, but I've never even adjusted mine . . .

87SunSportMikeyD
01-25-2010, 02:17 PM
Personally I use http://www.nettleprops.com they have good info and pricing. JT Nettle is who I talk to at 512-837-7707.

What kind of prop you can move to depends on what type of prop you have now and what type of tramsmission you have (1:1 or 1:1.23 ratio, etc).

My 87 Sun Sport has a 1:1 ratio and 13" diam prop currently. So I cannot move to a prop with a diam larger than 13".