PDA

View Full Version : Sac stacking???

ssmith
01-27-2010, 06:49 PM
I know "iwakeboard" mentioned it and I've wondered this....is anyone else routinely stacking a ballast bag on top of another? I could fit 2 into my v-drive compartment but I worried it would either push water out of the bottom sac or somehow damage the ballast system.

87SunSportMikeyD
01-27-2010, 07:49 PM
I have stacked sacs on the floor of my DD many times. Please excuse my universal guesture for 'whos sacs? deez sacs'

http://photos.wakeboarder.com/data/3486/medium/wDCP_6353.jpg

iwakeboard
01-27-2010, 07:50 PM
Scottie,

I just noticed you have an '05 21v, my buddy had the exact same boat and stacked his bags for the 2 years he had it. He never had a problem with it, but someone who is more familiar with the system may be able to speak more in detail about how it may or may not affect the system.

jasonwm
02-02-2010, 03:24 PM
You would need to put a VERY large sac on top of the factory one in order to develop enough pressure to force water out of the bottom of the bag (where the drain pump is attached) and through the drain fitting in the side of the boat. So there's really no risk to doing that, it's mainly just the convenience issue of having one larger bag connected to your factory system for automated filling and draining vs. having to manually fill a bag after your factory system is done filling.

ssmith
02-02-2010, 11:52 PM
Iwakeboard, thanks for the info & Jason, thanks for the confirmation. Jason, I need a few fittings from you. I'm changing my stock 250 lb bags over to a Tsunami configuration. So I'm removing the QD's and replacing with whatever you tell me. I'll be in touch.

jasonwm
02-03-2010, 12:57 PM
Sounds good, just let me know what you need, or give me a ring and we can talk through it.