PDA

View Full Version : Bilge Pump

RoboZebra
04-08-2004, 10:41 AM
I have a 2003 SSV. When the bilge pump is turned on, it throws the "breaker" under the dash. The pump will run anywhere from 5 seconds to 30 seconds. A friend suggested that the pump may be clogged and overheating, therefore leading to the problem, but I have checked the pump and it appears clear. Any suggestions for an "easy fix" before I pull the boat out of the water and drag it to a dealer.

BW2-LTS
04-09-2004, 09:48 PM
Just replace the whole bilge pump, they are less than $40.00 and it will take you about 30 mins. to replace. There may also be a short or an exposed place in the wiring, if water is touching an exposed wire (without the protective coating/insulation) it will cause the breaker or fuse to blow. Replacing the pump is just removing 3 or 4 screws and reconnecting 3 wires.

gotigers
04-26-2004, 05:30 PM
I had the same exact problem, had the bilge replaced and it happened again. I took the new bilge out tryed it directly to the battery and it worked. I reset the breaker a couple of times after it tripped and it would work for a second. I guess I reset the breaker one too many times, because I do not even have power at the switch now. Let me know what you had to do.

02 ssv owner

SUPRA LIZZARD
05-05-2004, 03:01 AM
i JUST BOUGHT A O2 LAUNCH MY PUMP WONT EVEN TURN ON THE LIGHT JUST STAYS ON THE SWITCH AT ALL TIMES

TxTom
05-05-2004, 12:12 PM
On any switch electrical problem on an 02 or 03 with switches mounted on the right side by driver, don't overlook the switch panel that actually plugs into the switches. It's on the back side, comes as a unit, and is held in place basically by the strength of the female connectors. It can vibrate loose, and cause the bilge, lights, or anything else on the panel to work intermittently or not at all. Awkward to access, but can be basically pushed in against the switches to insure full contact. Found this out by trial & error & finally phone call to factory, not thru dealer.