PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Supra and Found this

blackout00
02-01-2010, 11:47 AM
Hello,

I have been looking all winter at wakeboard boats and found this one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180461338136&_trksid=p2759.l1259

Just curious as to what everyone's thought are on this boat. I plan on using it for Sking and Wake surfing and just general fun. Any input / concerns would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

csuggs
02-01-2010, 12:06 PM
Looks like a nice ride - not much to go on by the pics though. I don't know if that's a good price for a 94 or not . . . .
Sorry, not much help.

jet
02-01-2010, 12:31 PM
Blackout. I HAVE TO CALL BULLSH*T on that 3 ft wake. Your looking at the GREATEST SLALOM SKI BOAT EVER MADE (small wake)..which is the opposite for wakeboarding!! I am also worried about the year he is saying it is, I am 90% sure they changed the body style in 92' to a all fiberglass new body style. I have that boat and with 1600 lbs in it (the most I've ever seen in small supra) and i can only muster up 12'-15" wake. And he doesnt say what weight or where he is putting his weight for a 3' wake, I would ask him. I use 2-550's beside the eng and a 400 behind the eng and 100 lbs in the nose. 2-probs with this boat are walking around room (because of fat sacs) and the nose going under even on small waves. I have figured out how to get over them and not dip the nose (ancient Chinese secret) lol. If you want to go out and play and wakeboard cheap do it..Its a nice looking boat. Jet

Prob areas:
wood rot under floor
nose very low in the water
floor room
small 18 gal gas tank

jet
02-01-2010, 12:45 PM
OK. 2-more things to be worried about on his ad. He says it throws a 3' WAVE, not wake?? And he says the gas tank is 21-30?? Bullsh*t try 18 gals and with 1000-1600 lbs and 2-4 people, 18 gals lasts about 4-5 hrs not all day! i have been thinking about adding a additional 6-12 gal tank under the nose? Im not sure this guy either doesnt know much about wakeboarding or he's stretching the truth?? i sent him a question email about his wake size and weight? I'll let you know. jet

87SunSportMikeyD
02-01-2010, 01:38 PM
It is a nice boat, but it is simply not a wakeboard boat. Any boat you see that is closed bow or labled as a Comp boat is made for waterskiing (exception is the Ski Nauti "2001"1980s models). Tower looks nice (would like to have the tower pads), but it will not make much of a wake. IMO that's about all you need to know. Keep looking for SunSports or a CC Sport Nauti.

What is your budget, where are you located?

Salty87
02-01-2010, 02:24 PM
i'm no comp expert, i like open bows. vinyl looks like its fairly new. someone spent some money on it...vinyl, tower, stereo, trailer painted with new wheels....

i wonder what happened to the boat....rebuilt engine, new shaft, new rudder, new prop. sounds like someone went a little shallow with it. frozen engine?

it looks nice if a comp is what you really want. but like jet said, they are small boats. i'm guessing the 3' wave is in reference to surfing?

blackout00
02-01-2010, 03:14 PM
Thank you for all the help. I thought it looked a little fishy. I am looking to spend 10-20k. I know that is a broad range but I am truly in the research stages right now. I would like about a 23' vdrive boat, but am open to options. What are some other good sites to look for wake board boats? I really like the 23' Malibu Ride line. Little more than I want to spend. The Supra boats seem to have a great reputation and have been around long enough that an early 2000 would work great. Thanks again for the input keep It coming! :)

jasonba1
02-01-2010, 03:19 PM
if your looking at a comp you should look at mine in the classifeds, also I am leary of that boat it has a squared windshield so I dont think he his right on his year .

jasonba1
02-01-2010, 03:23 PM
blackout and I will also stand behind my boat with everything that is listed. I can almost promise you that is not a 94 with that windshield? My boat is all fiberglass so you dont have to worry about floor rot. I wakeboard, wakeskate, and ski behind mine all of the tim. If you are interested in mine Ill cut you a better deal since your a forum member also if you are close to TN you can come look at it anytime and we will take it out if you are serious because right now it is in storage and winterized but if you like it I will defintly get it out.

Check my boat out under the classifieds under completly redone 92

jet
02-01-2010, 03:39 PM
Blackout..Jason's is one bad ass boat. LOTS of upgrades and i dont think his boat needs anything. Take a good hard look. Jason, what do you have it listed for? Jet

jasonba1
02-01-2010, 03:42 PM
IVe got it listed for 12500 but will come off that price a little for supra forum members for sure. I have posted it on alot of the other forums and getting a lot of response on it. Also Jet thank for the compliments

87SunSportMikeyD
02-01-2010, 03:45 PM
If you can spend up to 20K max you have some options. A 90s CC Sport Nauti would be great, or a 90s Supra SunSport. If you are looking at a V, you will have to drop around 20k. I would look for early 00's CC Super Air Nautis personally. Here a nice one for 22k
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/8/772277.html?1265043673
or a mobius for under $20
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/8/745150.html?1263307378

jet
02-01-2010, 03:45 PM
Worth every penny! What do you plan on buying? A V-drive?

87SunSportMikeyD
02-01-2010, 03:46 PM
try onlyinboards.com or wakeworld.com classified. Again, do you water ski or not? If not, easy choice to a wake boat.

blackout00
02-01-2010, 04:50 PM
Thanks again! Great sites and great info. Jason, how long have you had your boat listed? Have you used it for wake surfing, as this will probably be what it gets the most use for. I am looking to buy in about a month and a half. I will be on here as the search continues. Just a question on Moomba's. I know they are a division of Supra, however, some people have told me to steer clear. I have seen no reason to do this, but any thoughts?

jasonba1
02-01-2010, 05:00 PM
I have surfed behind it, if you load everyone to one side of the boat and add some weight its not bad at all, dont get me wrong its no gravity games edition but you can surf it .

jasonba1
02-01-2010, 05:01 PM
I have had it listed on this site for a while becasue I was hoping someone on here would buy it so I could here about it in the future, but I have started in listing it on several other sites today and have had several people email me about it.

jasonba1
02-01-2010, 05:03 PM
Hey Jet, thanks again I am not sure what I am going to buy yet I wont really know til I sale mine and start lookikng to see whats out there

jet
02-01-2010, 05:31 PM
Blackout. The moombas are a non-flashy (but still nice) version of the supra. This year i have riden behind the 07' X-Star (loved the wake, VERY loud exhaust, didnt like the interior) 09' SSV Supra (LOVED EVERYTHING) 06'-07' Malibu HEAVILY weighted (liked everything) the wake was a little steep for my skills but SUPER great boat. And then a 02',06' and a 08' or a 09' moomba. I have 3-friends that have them and have ridden behind all 3, one weighted and one no weight. Both were great smooth nice sized wakes. My friend Brian has a 08' or a 09' V. Built solid, nice not over the top, lots of storage. It def opened my eyes to them and I go anytime he calls..such a pretty boat. Jet