PDA

View Full Version : Fulton F2 Trailer Jack upgrade/jack replacement

SmoothWaterMan
02-01-2010, 05:17 PM
Hey all,

Sorry to plug this on my first post, but I've seen some posts suggesting that some of you have had similar issues with your trailer jack as other owners. (Malibu/Mastercraft/etc)
I built up some adapter plates that will allow a direct bolt-on replacement of the new Fulton F2 jack in place of the older x10 or other (center-pivot-bolt) jacks. (The Twin Track F2 is a much better design, particularly with side loads, it swivels instantly instead of trying to flex or bend first)

Anyhow - if anyone is interested you can email me directly or purchase on ebay if you prefer paypal. Let me know any questions and I'll try to help out as well.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140379873448&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_500wt_1182

Thanks,
Peter
peter(at)smoothwatersports.com

myturndad
02-01-2010, 05:31 PM
i sent you a pm!

jonyb
02-01-2010, 10:09 PM
Have any detailed pictures of the plate and installation?

I'd like to see that and if it looks good I'd consider buying one.

SmoothWaterMan
02-01-2010, 10:11 PM
Just the pics at the ebay listing of original jack and new F2 jack mounted.

Peter

jonyb
02-01-2010, 10:22 PM
If you built them and have them for sale, can't you take some better pics? I haven't decided yet if this will work with my trailer and won't know until I can see some better pics..... It would help your sales tremendously.

SmoothWaterMan
02-01-2010, 10:28 PM
jonyb,

No offense, but if you currently have a Fulton x10 jack like the original pictured, which came standard on all Boatmate, SMP, MC and many other trailers over the last 10 years, than the F2 will fit.

Thanks,
Peter

jonyb
02-01-2010, 10:30 PM
Will all 4 bolts line up? You seem to only have 2 on the one in the pics.

No offense, but before I buy something off of ebay, I like to see what I'm getting. That also means an understanding of how it works and bolts up.

SmoothWaterMan
02-01-2010, 10:52 PM
I should have mentioned that, sorry.
Yes, all 4 bolts line up. The pictures were taken quickly for a particular customer to show one mounted, before we had sent any out the door, and I did not have 4 bolts in stock of the proper size. (I actually grabbed a new F2 off a stock boat, and remounted it with the adapter plate on the 2001 trailer in about 15 minutes to take the photos)

You do not need to purchase through ebay. Recently a number of boat owners have been asking to pay via paypal instead of calling with a credit card, so to appease them we re-activated our old paypal account and listed this on ebay.

Like other customers do, it's better for us (and in my opinion you) to actually speak with myself about anything you purchase, before you purchase it. So therefore I always recommend that someone call in an order, or email me with a number to reach them at it.

To provide further information about this.
The adapter plate is primed steel in a high solids "aluminum color" primer. This means, like the trailer, the idea is for it to be painted to match before installing, or finish coated in the same "aluminum" color as the jack.
The plate has 8 holes in it, 4 that are countersunk and with attaching hardware will through-bolt to the OEM trailer mount. The other 4 are drilled and tapped to match the F2 bolt pattern.

If I were Fulton and had produced the F2, I would have stamped out a few thousand aluminum adapter plates in a perfect size and radius as the base plate on the jack, and sold them as an option with the jacks. They chose not to, at least not as of yet. Since I am merely a dealer, (but I like my trailers to work nicely) I opted for the less expensive cut/drill/grind/tap 10 steel plates at a time routine to give my local customers an option when having to replace their bent jacks. (Sometimes for the second or third time) As I happen to be friends with a few guys at Boatmate, they suggested I offer it up to everyone out there with the older trailers and jacks.

While I believe that many owners will benefit from adding the F2, I'd rather not make any claims about why mine is the one to buy, I'm just a simple guy offering something that works.

Hope that all helps,
Peter :)

jonyb
02-01-2010, 11:20 PM
That's the reply I was looking for. I'm gonna assume that it'll work perfectly on my 07 Boatmate. Does it come with any hardware, or just the jack and plate? If hardware isn't included, could you send me a list of what I'd need? That would save me a couple trips to the store.

I'll take one. Paypal it is, what's the preferred way to send to you?

Also, I haven't looked at my trailer lately. Will the old jack unbolt or does it have to be cut off?

SmoothWaterMan
02-01-2010, 11:37 PM
Yes, it'll work with your 07 very nicely.

All hardware is included. Your requirements will be any tool you're comfortable using to cut off the existing mounting bolt. Since it is welded on the back side it is not remove-able. (well, not easily) I used a grinder with a cut-off wheel, but a hacksaw will work just fine. It simply needs to be cut flush or below the face of the existing OEM mount. You'll understand better after you remove the original jack.

The adapter plate bolts directly onto the original OEM mount (which is welded to the trailer frame), and therefore if the existing mounting bolt is not cut off then the adapter plate will not bolt tight to the mount.

Other than that it's an allen wrench and a box wrench.

Outside of calling to order or ebay, send me an email directly and I'll coordinate payment, shipping, and address's.
(One thing that is handy is if you enter your zip code into the listing on ebay it will calculate the UPS shipping rate)
Email is peter(at)smoothwatersports.com (replace (at) with @ )

Thanks,
Peter

jonyb
02-02-2010, 12:43 AM
Emailed.... Thanks for all the info.

SmoothWaterMan
02-02-2010, 03:43 PM
Jonyb, I've not seen any emails, if you sent it direct?

Peter
[email protected]

jonyb
02-02-2010, 03:45 PM
I just sent it again.

Just tell me who to send the payment to and the total and you won't have to worry about that email.

jet
02-02-2010, 04:17 PM
Wow! That thing looks pretty tuff and STIFF..and the price is pretty stiff too! Jet

SmoothWaterMan
02-02-2010, 05:59 PM
Jonyb, I get a forum notice to my email but nothing from you. I'll need a shipping address to calculate shipping cost. Please call me at 518-793-5808 or provide your email address and I'll send one to you.

Thanks,
Peter

jonyb
02-02-2010, 08:46 PM
Ordered... Thanks Peter!

SmoothWaterMan
02-03-2010, 01:18 PM
Anytime John. I just got the notice of funds, so I'll box it up and get it shipped out. I'll send you a tracking number as well.

Peter