PDA

View Full Version : enlighten me please!

mangoz
02-02-2010, 02:10 AM
New to the world of wakeboard boats, but it came down to making a deal on an 07 24 Sunsport which sold the day I went to look at it and try to make the deal. Now I'm seriously looking at an 07 22ssv. I'm confused a little because this 22ssv has the playpen bow of a Launch but the walk through and steps of a sunsport. What's the deal? please enlighten me! Thanks for your help.

iwakeboard
02-02-2010, 09:41 AM
Is the 22SSV the Launch 22SSV and not the Sunsport? That's the only thing I can think, I didn't know any of the Launch models had steps (I don't think they do?) but maybe it's an option. I've got an '05 Launch 24SSV and it does not have the steps. I'm pretty certain the playpen is an option. I think all of the '07+ models have the flip down walk-thru underneath one of the storage doors in the back, so I don't think that's unique to any of them (unless you're talking about some other kind of walk-thru).

If you're into wakeboarding you made a good choice with getting a playpen bow, ridiculous amount of storage.

thescott
02-02-2010, 11:32 AM
I'm fairly sure the steps are available as an option in the Launch series. I don't have it on my launch. I believe there's a pretty good sized cooler housed in those steps too. The playpen is standard on the Launch series but you can also opt for the walk-through bow. I love the playpen myself - comes down to personal preferance and I can see pros/cons for both.

jasonba1
02-02-2010, 11:51 AM
If your looking for a 22ssv look in the classified section a while back and I listed my buddies boat. Its got a unbelievable wetsounds system its a2007 all black 22ssv . If you want more pics of it email michael the owner of the boat which he is also the guy that does all of supra and moomba shirts.

His email is [email protected]

tell him Jason Baggett told you about it

iwakeboard
02-02-2010, 12:21 PM
I think Michael is coming by my office this week sometime, I ordered some Supra guide post covers from him, which his company makes as well!

Fman
02-02-2010, 02:24 PM
New to the world of wakeboard boats, but it came down to making a deal on an 07 24 Sunsport which sold the day I went to look at it and try to make the deal. Now I'm seriously looking at an 07 22ssv. I'm confused a little because this 22ssv has the playpen bow of a Launch but the walk through and steps of a sunsport. What's the deal? please enlighten me! Thanks for your help.

The steps were available to order on the Launch and Worlds when custom ordered. I have the steps in my Sunsport and like the cooler size and how they reduce the wear and tear on your seats. Someone can sit on it as a seat but its for someone who does not help pay for the gas, not to easy on the back. That is the downfall you loose the corner seating. Pro's and con's to both, for my family I like the steps and would order them again.

The playpen is nice because you can pack a lot of ballast weight in the front of the boat, with the walk through you will only get a 400 lb sac in the locker. Personally I think its a little more comfortable to allow people to walk through the bow and hang there legs down when sitting. The walkthrough does come with a removeable cushing to add to make it playpen seating if you want to convert it temporarily.

jaywidhalm
02-02-2010, 03:07 PM
I think Michael is coming by my office this week sometime, I ordered some Supra guide post covers from him, which his company makes as well!

What is his company name? I would be interested in ordering some guide post pads as well. About how much?

iwakeboard
02-02-2010, 03:11 PM
What is his company name? I would be interested in ordering some guide post pads as well. About how much?

Jay, it's Label Industries and he sells them through the Shop portion of the webpage here, he makes them for Skiers Choice.

mangoz
02-02-2010, 04:13 PM
http://www.sundanceyachts.com/boats/2007-22-supra

Maybe its not a launch, I was just going by the 22ssv label and the interior options.... it does have the upgraded 340hp motor and only has 10 hrs ..... probably demo or something.

thescott
02-02-2010, 06:14 PM
SSV would mean its a Launch, unless someone added that. Nice lookin boat. I'm lovin the color scheme. I didn't see any pics of the steps though.

Just for kicks

http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=816233

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/8/750828.html?1263841728

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/8/748278.html?1258825083

I thought about a straigt trade on this last one...until I found out the addition to the sun deck in the last pic was not included. :p yes...I joke.

mangoz
02-02-2010, 07:57 PM
Ya, I took a look at the boat yesterday on my way up from Seattle, it does have the step, thats why I was confused with the "SSV". I guess it could have been a special order...... BTW whats's SSV stand for? Whats the 22 like for wakesurfing behind?

Ya it is a nice colour scheme. The guy also said there is 6K of stereo in the boat too. Not sure about that! Even so he has come down to under $40k on the boat, so it is a definite possibility.

Thanks for the input!!

87SunSportMikeyD
02-02-2010, 08:02 PM
22 foot, SunSport = playpen bow, Vdrive unless i am mistaken