PDA

View Full Version : led speaker rings?

jet
02-02-2010, 11:54 AM
I want to add some more led lighting to my boat because we are out past dark alot. I was thinking some down lighting from the tower or should I just do speaker rings? My floor lighting and ice chest are already white leds so what color should I go if I do speaker rings? My fav's are white or blue? But I dont think the blue will go with my boat? Where is the best place to get speaker rings? Buy pre-made or DIY? I use superbrightleds.com. Jet

tg0824SSVGG
02-02-2010, 12:06 PM
My old Roswell Vamp-Spin had blue LED's in the speakers, but I caught some greif from
the rangers about having BLUE _ as it's "reserved" for the ranger boats ...

(Red could also be an issue ... )

jet
02-02-2010, 12:15 PM
Yeah, I don't dig the red?

iwakeboard
02-02-2010, 12:20 PM
I've been thinking about putting Pro60's on my tower and if I do I'll probably use this setup:

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/772574.jpg

I don't know where they got those rings but they look sick! My 13 year old brother thought they looked like a weapon from Halo, haha.

87SunSportMikeyD
02-02-2010, 01:04 PM
Jet remember LEDS on the tower are not legal when driving, only when parked at the dock or in the cove.

Personally I would do under the dash, under the seats and on the gunwales lighting down at the floor. Cupholders are fun and easy too and should not be visible.

You may also want to consider the million-color LEDS from ozium, they come with a controller that can set the LEDS to any color of your choice, mix of colors, sequence of changing colors, etc.

jonyb
02-02-2010, 03:42 PM
The LED rings are expensive. I think someone was selling them on ebay for a pair of Pro60's for around $300/pair. I'd like to build some of my own, but I just don't have the right kind of tools to make them perfect.

iwakeboard
02-02-2010, 03:47 PM
The LED rings are expensive. I think someone was selling them on ebay for a pair of Pro60's for around $300/pair. I'd like to build some of my own, but I just don't have the right kind of tools to make them perfect.

$300 a pair?? Wow, I'll stick to something else.

87SunSportMikeyD
02-02-2010, 08:06 PM
They dont HAVE to be expensive... you can always buy a strand of lights from oznium and glue them on/behind/around the speaker grill. Just have to power them. Might as well run a tower top nav light from monster tower while you are at it. So much cooler than a light pole, I'm suprised more older SS owners dont get it. :)

tg0824SSVGG
02-02-2010, 08:32 PM
These are REALLY cheap - I have some under the helm:

http://www.oznium.com/led-flex-strips

Certainly you could do something with these, and they come in LOTS of colors:

http://www.oznium.com/product_photos/thumb/1850.jpg

jonyb
02-02-2010, 08:43 PM
They dont HAVE to be expensive... you can always buy a strand of lights from oznium and glue them on/behind/around the speaker grill. Just have to power them. Might as well run a tower top nav light from monster tower while you are at it. So much cooler than a light pole, I'm suprised more older SS owners dont get it. :)

The problem is making them look good in the daytime. That requires doing it "right". I normally don't just stick lights on for them to fall off shortly after. Everything in a boat takes a beating, so they require a more custom approach to the install.

87SunSportMikeyD
02-02-2010, 08:48 PM
Very good point. I have seen others do it that way, but have not done it myself so you could be completly right. :)

jonyb
02-02-2010, 09:04 PM
I've gone over building these in my head for a long time now. I still haven't seen pics of the rings by themselves laying on a workbench. That's what's keeping me from doing it. I've bought a few new toys for the shop and plan to buy a few more things that would probalby help in building these, but I really need to see some that aren't covered by a speaker to make the process start happening. I doubt anyone that makes these would post pics of them since their such a hot commodity.

EarmarkMarine
02-03-2010, 12:39 PM
Virtually every size, type and color available and starting at $45 per each complete with ring and lights.

LED speaker rings (http://www.earmarkcaraudio.com/Xcart/home.php?cat=265)

David

jet
02-03-2010, 01:00 PM
David..your the man. Just what I was looking for. Thanks

p.s. I also have been wanting to install 2-of these cup/speaker holders too! Do yall think these would look good in my older supra or is it a little over the top? You know what I mean..like when you see 20's on a old beater? Too much? Jet

EarmarkMarine
02-03-2010, 02:19 PM
Hey, Hey, I've GOT 20's on my old beater!

David

venom93corba
02-04-2010, 04:55 AM
Dave I was considering the 1st ring package, I think 1e acrylic. I have 4 Polk Db651's. How hard is the assembly? The assembled package is alittle out of my budget.

jet
02-04-2010, 11:09 AM
Hey David. I didn't see one for 6-1/2" Kickers? help? And can you buy just the ring? No led?

NEED YOUR HELP? What color should i go for? Maroon boat, maroon carpet, off white interior, and I already have white leds in the floor and in the ice chest? what do you think and why? Thanks for your help.

venom93corba
02-04-2010, 03:42 PM
Dave this is what is was gonna put the rings on . See any problems?

EarmarkMarine
02-04-2010, 04:13 PM
Venom,

Its easy. They come with thorough instructions.

Jet,

Use light ring 1. Only sold with LEDs. Looks like red and white would be the only options. There's only one red and its a medium red. We can also do a 1E economy white even though its not on the store.

Please contact us privately for details. Thank you very much.

David
Earmark Marine
[email protected]