PDA

View Full Version : Carpet

Okie Boarder
02-02-2010, 03:08 PM
So, I figured I'd get ahead of the game a little and start looking for carpet to finish off the rebuild. Doing it now gives me enough time to order some samples and really figure out what I want

Where did you get your carpet?

What "weight" did you go with?

Style?

Are there particular specifications to look for?

Anyone know the difference between indoor / outdoor and marine carpet?

jasonba1
02-02-2010, 03:27 PM
I got mine at viper give JIm a call and he can tell you what was in the boat and what you should go with.

865-388-4096

jet
02-02-2010, 04:22 PM
you can also check with automobile supply warehouse they will carry (boat versions) basic colors sometimes. Just do a local google search. Jet

jet
02-02-2010, 04:43 PM
OKIE. I just found a 20' roll of Marine grade Olefin carpet $119 bucks. last time i bought boat carpet i paid like $95. so thats good enough not to have to shop around and just go to your nearest Orange Box store. try to get the olefin if you can, thats a neat word for recycled milk jugs but you can spill Clorox on it, or a cat can piss on it and it wont change the color. Jet

Okie Boarder
02-03-2010, 09:14 AM
Jason,

Good idea.

Jet,

Where did you find it?

jet
02-03-2010, 11:06 AM
Orange Box store=Home Depot. lol

Okie Boarder
02-03-2010, 12:05 PM
I shoulda caught that one...hadn't had my first cup of coffee yet. ;-)

Thanks...I'll check our out and see what they have.

iwakeboard
02-03-2010, 12:18 PM
Jet, how do you pin that carpet down? I may do this!! Mine is worn out.

jet
02-04-2010, 12:16 PM
There is carpet glue you just brush on and they sell some thats in a can. You the can in hard to get to areas and brush it on out in the open. It took me days to get it done though, but I saved myself $800 DIY all the way!

iwakeboard
02-04-2010, 01:35 PM
There is carpet glue you just brush on and they sell some thats in a can. You the can in hard to get to areas and brush it on out in the open. It took me days to get it done though, but I saved myself $800 DIY all the way!

Hrmm, I'd need to get to a sliver of the original carpet pinning so I can get to my v-drive oil. I may need to buy buttons or something to pin it down.

michael hunter
02-04-2010, 01:37 PM
Okie
I found this on another forum. I hope it helps you?
corinthianmarine.com

Salty87
02-06-2010, 11:55 AM
the place i used was ingles carpet out of dalton ga. the depot near me didn't have jack or i would have saved on the shipping.

Okie Boarder
02-07-2010, 01:18 PM
Thanks for all the info guys. I have a friend in the carpet business. He brought by some samples. It's indoor / outdoor carpet. Definitely different than marine carpet. Depot and Lowes have the same sort of carpet. I'm going to touch base with Viper and see what they can get me. I feel that's my best bet.

mapleleaf
02-07-2010, 05:02 PM
I put the indoor/outdoor carpet from Lowes in my boat last spring (gray one), it was cheap and easy to work with, but it's low pile shows everything, and I'm not sure about how it's going to wear, seems like it looks dirty right after I vacuum it......Sand is the hardest, even with a clean filter on my rigid vac.

AKSupra
02-14-2010, 12:52 PM
I went with a paint on epoxy product. My local boat repair place mixes it up. It is like putting on a coat of epoxy, but it is is a textured, colored (to your specification) product. They called it 'SURF'.
No carpeting, no wet, mold or mildew.
You might look into it.
CAC Plastics here in Wasilla Alaska.

Oilguy
02-15-2010, 02:19 PM
I am thinking of going with nautilux flooring... It is a marine grade antiskid vinyl flooring that looks really nice... Easy to clean and doesn't hold dirt or grass.