PDA

View Full Version : over the tower boat cover

cmtaylor777
02-03-2010, 06:11 PM
I saw a boat last year at the Marina that had a cover that went over the tower. Never was able to talk to the owner to ask where he got it.

Has anyone used one of these covers? I have 2 covers that both do ok with keeping the water out but neither keeps all the moisture out of the boat. I am wondering if the covers that go over the tower are any better?

I googled it but only found a cover that you heat up after you apply to the boat. I guess its a little like the covers they ship new boats in.

As always....Thanks in advance for the help.

jet
02-04-2010, 12:12 PM
Taylor. for a few years I lived in a apartment and wanted to cover up my platform, tower and speakers from the sun and also thief's eyes (out of sight out of mind). I have a 20' comp so I would buy a 22'-23' cover fold the tower down and then it would cover the whole thing. Now there is trial and error to this, so you might have to eat some extra frieght charges to send one back if it doesn't work. Jet

tg0824SSVGG
02-04-2010, 12:29 PM
Do you have a local "canvas shop" that makes boat covers? I am wishing now that
when I had my "winter cover" made a few years ago, that I had asked for this ... a cover
over the entire boat - including tower. I am sure it would have added a LOT of $$ to the $800 I paid for the cover, but sure wish I had it now. I see several boats around with
this type of cover, I also see the "shrink wrap ones" that go over the tower too - and lately, have seen some of those with "zipper doors" in the shrink wrap so you can get in and out of them!

jzelt
02-04-2010, 12:50 PM
I would think it would drain better since it was higher up. Probably had something custom made.

I spray our cover every year with some sort of "water proofer" since it stays outside over the summer and make sure the supports are in place and all snaps snapped.

Since it is outside the house, I can check it often during/after a storm and remove any standing water there may be.

cmtaylor777
02-04-2010, 01:19 PM
Here is a link I found. This isn't the one I saw personally and is not really what I had in mind. There has to be a company out there that is making what I saw. It looked pretty standard. Not custom.

http://www.reddenmarine.com/marine-supplies.cfm/trailer-parts-accessories-boat-covers/transhield-f10760/over-wake-tower-boat-cover-22'-24'.html

dusty2221
02-15-2010, 06:27 PM
Hey bro - I just found this:
https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=1667

I'm pretty sure this is what you are looking for and they are in Texas!! The website link has several pics of over the tower covers.

cmtaylor777
02-16-2010, 01:30 PM
hey dusty

That is exactly what I am looking for. Thanks for the link. You're the man.

dusty2221
02-16-2010, 01:37 PM
hey dusty

That is exactly what I am looking for. Thanks for the link. You're the man.

Ha! It was just dumb luck. For some reason I decided to click on page 50 of the threads and just go backwards and boom..there it was.

cmtaylor777
02-19-2010, 12:30 AM
That is crazy. It is exactly what I saw. I have been looking online for a while now and didn't find anything. I think it would be awesome to cover everything up and not have to worry about the small leaks at the spots around the tower.