PDA

View Full Version : best place to buy parts???

cmtaylor777
02-03-2010, 07:26 PM
Where is the best place to buy common replacement parts? Need to buy an impeller and I figured online would be the most cost friendly.

As always.....Thanks in advance for your help.

iwakeboard
02-03-2010, 07:50 PM
I like discount inboard

http://www.skidim.com/

jonyb
02-03-2010, 08:39 PM
Skidim is good, but I've bought from Bakes Online also. Both good places,

WadsworthSunsport22V
02-03-2010, 10:54 PM
I have not purchased many replacement parts, but I prefer to by locally. I pay a little more, but I really like the local customer service. I have not always been like this, but over the past few years, I have come to realize how the local guys get rid of my headaches and I want to support them. I do my best not buy from the big box retailers.

jonyb
02-04-2010, 12:38 AM
That's great Wadsworth. I try to support local when I can as well. For parts, the only deal is a "had Centurion, now has Mastercraft" dealer, but I still do business with them as they call me for business too. Bought a Helium surf rope/handle, Helium wake rope/handle, my surfboard, and a few other things last year. Probably get some CGA vests from them this year.

jzelt
02-04-2010, 12:58 PM
Impellar/filters/mechanical items I buy locally at a service place by the house that is awesome to deal with. Gives me advice, tells me how to do things they charge for, price isn't far off what I would have to pay for the part and/or shipping, and we take them cookies/baked goods in return.

Ropes/toys/etc online. I typically research what is best to buy/recommendations, then look for the best pricing/shipping since they are identical items.