PDA

View Full Version : 6 more weeks of winter

chautauquasun
02-08-2010, 12:17 AM
I can handle 6 more weeks of winter but this has gotten a little ridiculous....we got hammered on Friday night. 24 inches in less than 24 hours. I had to log in tonight so I don't go crazy and remember that summer will be here and I will be out on the lake. I have been shoveling snow for 2 days straight. Hard to imagine that summer will here...ever.

iwakeboard
02-08-2010, 08:36 AM
It's just raining and cold here in Knoxville, makes it seem like there will never been another summer. :(

michael hunter
02-08-2010, 10:35 AM
This has been one of the coldest snowiest winters in history. We are supposed to get 12" in the next few days. My heart goes out to you guys on the east coast. That much snow would be a full time job to handle. So much for Al Gore and his global warming.

87SunSportMikeyD
02-08-2010, 11:48 AM
We got 3" last night, 3" more to go today they say sighhhhh

Okie Boarder
02-08-2010, 01:41 PM
We're getting snow again here today. We'll probably get a few inches. I was listening to the radio on my way back from OKC Friday. They were talking about the storm to hit the northeast and how the pattern this year is looking a lot like winter patterns started out in the 50's. If you remember (or go look it up), it wasn't long after that where the same scientists that are now claiming man-made global warming is real were worried about an ice age.

Funny stuff. I bet if we got off this CO2, man-made global warmign kick and watched for the next 5-10 years, we would see that similar pattern emerge.

Did y'all see the "6 more weeks of football" Super Bowl commercial?

87SunSportMikeyD
02-08-2010, 06:17 PM
must...resist..urge for politcal debate.... agggg.... Pollution is bad mm'kay?

mapleleaf
02-08-2010, 06:28 PM
Dan, Sorry to hear it, but excited at the same time!!! I'll be down near Warren in a couple weeks to sled and snowboard....glad to hear there's some snow!!!!!!

dusty2221
02-08-2010, 06:31 PM
We've just gotten non stop rain. It's gotten very frustrating. I live in the country, and EVERYTHING is saturated beyond belief. Our septic system is putting out a nice welcoming smell!

Salty87
02-08-2010, 06:50 PM
rain, rain, rain down here too. but we needed it.

lake travis is up 40 feet from the lowest point last summer.

csuggs
02-08-2010, 08:10 PM
There's not anyone here that dislikes snow any more than I do. I'm just tryaing to stay focussed on spring . . . .
I do remember the scientists talking about an "ice age" when I was a kid. Probably the same "educated" bunch that's making all the claims about global warming. I agree that pollution is "bad" and should be kept to a minimum where feasable, but to think that man can have such an effect on the earth as to change the climate? Only someone bigger than us can do that. Some will argue - but that's just my $.02.

jet
02-09-2010, 11:58 AM
Dallas has had a pretty warm winter so far with alot of sunshine, but we also have had more fluffy snow than i can ever remember in one year. Jet

chautauquasun
02-09-2010, 01:50 PM
Dan, Sorry to hear it, but excited at the same time!!! I'll be down near Warren in a couple weeks to sled and snowboard....glad to hear there's some snow!!!!!!

Maple that is very cool...funny thing is that Warren that is usually in the great lakes snow belt only got an inch last Friday. We are about 2 1/2 hours south in Pittsburgh and we got 24. Amazing how that works.

Where are you going in Warren? Are you snowboarding at Holiday Valley or Peak and Peak?

mapleleaf
02-09-2010, 01:55 PM
I'll be at Holiday Valley thurs and fri. and then at the Red Oaks campground sat and sun... Haven't been to H. Valley since I was a kid on a school trip, should be fun.....
they better have more than an 1" of snow!!!!!! LOL