PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for my Gramma

Okie Boarder
02-11-2010, 12:15 PM
I found out yesterday that my gramma broke her hip. My Dad and Aunt were meeting with the doctors to decide the next step. She's 96 years old and she is definitely high risk for surgery. I talked to my Mom this morning and they decided yesterday to do the surgery. The docs are worried about gangrene if they don't do it. Her break is actually at the top of the femur, so they're going to do some straps and small rods to help hold it together.

Please keep her and my family in your prayers.

She's lived a long life and is a wonderful woman...a matriarch in our family. One part of me says its time for her to go be in heaven with grampa, her husband of 65 years that she misses dearly. The other part of me would miss her.

dusty2221
02-11-2010, 12:28 PM
Wow, sorry to hear bud. You and your family will be in my thoughts.

Salty87
02-11-2010, 01:50 PM
man, getting old sucks. i've broken a femur, can't imagine what recovery would be like when you're 96.

i'm praying for y'all.

Okie Boarder
02-11-2010, 04:27 PM
Thanks! I'll be sure to keep y'all posted.

sybrmike
02-11-2010, 04:30 PM
Hope she'll be o.k. Don't underestimate the will & strength of those "ole timers". Nowhere near as invasive, but my great grandmother wasn't "ready to go yet" when her heart started acting up, so had a pacemaker put in at 97 - turned out just fine & enjoyed several more years.

Best wishes to you & the family.

87SunSportMikeyD
02-11-2010, 04:31 PM
Best wishes Oakie. Will be in my thoughts.

cmtaylor777
02-11-2010, 07:15 PM
May God look over you and your family.

Kip
02-11-2010, 07:25 PM
We will be prayerful for your family.

mapleleaf
02-11-2010, 08:44 PM
We'll be praying for her and your family, best wishes Okie....

jet
02-12-2010, 10:43 AM
Be strong Okie. Jet

jaywidhalm
02-12-2010, 03:44 PM
Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

Fman
02-13-2010, 12:20 AM
I found out yesterday that my gramma broke her hip. My Dad and Aunt were meeting with the doctors to decide the next step. She's 96 years old and she is definitely high risk for surgery. I talked to my Mom this morning and they decided yesterday to do the surgery. The docs are worried about gangrene if they don't do it. Her break is actually at the top of the femur, so they're going to do some straps and small rods to help hold it together.

Please keep her and my family in your prayers.

She's lived a long life and is a wonderful woman...a matriarch in our family. One part of me says its time for her to go be in heaven with grampa, her husband of 65 years that she misses dearly. The other part of me would miss her.

Sorry to hear about this.... I hope all works out for her and your family. Living 96 years on this earth is a miracle in itself... keep us posted on her progress.

jonyb
02-13-2010, 01:03 AM
Sorry to hear Okie, hope everything works out for the best.

Okie Boarder
02-13-2010, 12:59 PM
Well the surgery was done late yesterday. I talked to my Mom this morning and she said it went fairly well. They had to put a large rod and several small pins in her femur to help hold it together. The doctors feel confident they have made an improvement and they are hoping to get her out of bed walking around a little today (My Mom and I both chuckled at that one a little bit...my Gramma is a little stubborn in her old age). It sounds like she is in some pain, but not unbearable.

Hopefully things will go well and she'll have a little mobility when this is all done. That would sure be a blessing for her.

Please continue to keep her in your prayers for comfort and recovery. Also, keep my family in your prayers. Dealing with all of this sure takes a lot out of my parents and my Aunt & Uncle.