PDA

View Full Version : Need board for wife

sidetracked3
02-12-2010, 01:49 PM
My wife thinks she wants to try out wakeboarding this summer. So I would like to find a good used board for her to start on. Dont want to get something to expensive in case she doesnt like it. Anyone on here have something used I can get her? TIA

87SunSportMikeyD
02-12-2010, 02:08 PM
IMHO there are a TON of REALLY CRAPPY womens boards out there. If you want her to like it, get a board that she likes. Demo 3 or 4 boards and you will find one you like. Then if you want you can find the model online but a year older for less.

Okie Boarder
02-12-2010, 04:28 PM
I agree with Mikey. For reference, though, my wife rides the LF Witness and she seems to really like the board. We got that on an end of year close out, with bindings for $300 a couple years ago.

See if you can demo a couple boards, like Mikey said, then make a decision. That would be the best way. I definitely wouldn't go by a cheap Sporting Goods Store type board. Get her something decent. If she doesn't like it, turn around and sell it. You won't lose much in the process.

sidetracked3
02-12-2010, 10:37 PM
Thanks for the info but there are not any places around us to demo a board. I think I found a good deal on a board though. Thanks again for the input.

87SunSportMikeyD
02-13-2010, 10:01 AM
please make sure you check wakeworld for reviews. My girl got a LF Melissa and it is an AMAZING board I like to ride it too. But it is a little advanced for a newbie I would say. Which board do you have your eyes on?

Okie Boarder
02-13-2010, 01:02 PM
Yeah, which board are you looking at. Since you can't demo, maybe you can share choices you're looking at and we can provide some level of input.

sidetracked3
02-13-2010, 11:28 PM
I got her a hyperlite Eden. This will be the first time she will try it so after we go I will give everyone a update. But it will be a few months before we go. It is still a little cold down here.

87SunSportMikeyD
02-14-2010, 10:06 AM
Personally I am not a huge Hyp fan, but it looks like a very nice board. Without riding it, the descriptions seem like they have improved their womens shapes in the last year or two. Also the comments are great if you go back a couple years. I have a friend with the Syn and that board makes me shudder.

http://www.wakeworld.com/boardguide/getboard10.asp?ProductID=4802
Company comments: The Eden series is a shape that you don't have to learn how to ride. The features let a boarder determine their style. This series is the building block to the rest of the high-end line. With a softer, ladies-specific flex, the Eden is a great choice for the girl looking to take it to the next level.

* Toe Side / Heel Side Specific Edges
* Deeper Molded-in Toeside Fin
* Shallower Molded-in Heel side Fin
* Outer Molded-in Stabilizers
* Subtle 3-Stage Rocker
* Satin Flex
* Monocoque Construction
* Layered Glass
* Limited Lifetime Warranty

Okie Boarder
02-14-2010, 12:48 PM
I've heard the Eden is a decent board. She sould do fine with it. Let us know how things go once she is up and riding.