PDA

View Full Version : My son's a daredevil

Okie Boarder
02-13-2010, 10:47 PM
Whoops! He fell at the skate park on the half pipe. He put his hand down to break his fall. Both the radius and ulna are broke. One is more of a compression break while the other is clearly broken all the way through. The joys of being a kid eh?

He is in a splint for now and will go to a orthopedist to figure out what's next.

Please say a prayer for his quick and complete healing.

He sure is a tough guy. The way he was acting I figured it was just a sprain. He seemed like it hurt but not like it was overwhelming.

http://i642.photobucket.com/albums/uu144/OkieBoarder/View1.jpg

http://i642.photobucket.com/albums/uu144/OkieBoarder/View2.jpg

http://i642.photobucket.com/albums/uu144/OkieBoarder/View3.jpg

mapleleaf
02-14-2010, 01:25 AM
unfortunately I know the pain of that bone breaking, I'm still skating today, broke mine when i was 13...it wasn't much fun.
Our thoughts will be with you and a speedy recovery.....

87SunSportMikeyD
02-14-2010, 09:54 AM
Nice! Knowing there are other kids watching you will make you try and walk just about anything off. Have not yet had the pleasure of any bone break knock on teak. Best wishes for a speedy recovery

Okie Boarder
02-14-2010, 12:47 PM
Thanks for the well wishes. I'm sure he'll be fine when it's all said and done.

Mikey,

I'm the same as you. I've never really broke anything. Had a hairline fracture of my pinky from volleyball, but I don't really count that one...LOL!

sybrmike
02-15-2010, 10:32 AM
Sorry to hear about the mishap - but good news, he's a kid & will heal just fine (just add to the list of aches that'll show up later in life - each passing year my body reminds me of more of the broken bones incurred in my youth). Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

dshaff24
02-18-2010, 11:52 PM
Thats def a hard hit! I fell quite a few time in my day in the 8 ft pipe at the local park but I guess I got lucky to this day I still never busted a bone!

Hopefully he heal's up quick so he can get back out there and skate!

Okie Boarder
02-19-2010, 12:51 PM
He went to the ortho Monday and they got it set properly. He is in a splint still until next Monday. He goes in then to get a cast. He was talking to me the other night about getting some cool colors. He thought maybe he might get his baseball team colors. I told him we could put his team mascot sticker on it and I could epoxy over it for him if he wants...LOL!

sybrmike
02-19-2010, 01:10 PM
Don't forget a couple of coats of CPES first and some added limber holes for drainage & that cast should last a good long time...

Okie Boarder
02-19-2010, 01:35 PM
:lol:

Almost forgot those key steps.

:lol:

87SunSportMikeyD
02-19-2010, 01:52 PM
Wow you two have officially gone off the deep end of stringer repairs haha!

Okie Boarder
02-19-2010, 06:18 PM
Yeah, maybe you're right...LOL!

sybrmike
02-19-2010, 06:52 PM
So it is true - fiberglass dust & epoxy fumes will rot your brain?

All kidding aside, hope he heals up nice & quick.