PDA

View Full Version : Battery Ground Distribution Question

TayTay
02-14-2010, 08:51 PM
So I am moving my batteries from their original location just a few feet back in the port side compartment behind the observer's seat. My ground cable is not going to reach them. I am looking for some sort of distribution block to connect the ground cable to then run separate battery cables to each of the battery ground terminals. It would be the same idea as the battery switch that I have, I just don't need the switch function. Any ideas would great! Thanks.

michael hunter
02-15-2010, 10:45 AM
I just used a stainless steel 3/8 bolt and nut through the eyelets to attach the two battery ground cables to the main cable.

TayTay
02-15-2010, 07:51 PM
I actually just got off the phone with the battery store and that is what they said they had for my situation. I think I will just go get my own bolt from the store and make one myself. Thanks for the reply!

jonyb
02-15-2010, 11:09 PM
When I relocated my batteries to under the rear bench seat, I just pulled them from where they were next to the transmission all the way back, out from under the port console. They're not tied down and will pull freely. You could try that, then route them up to where they're going.

TayTay
02-18-2010, 11:40 AM
I just used a stainless steel 3/8 bolt and nut through the eyelets to attach the two battery ground cables to the main cable.

So I went and bought a bolt and nut and it works great. One question; Does that bolt assembly need to be covered, or protected in any way? It is going to be run along the side of the compartment but I wasn't sure if it needs some sort of protection. Thanks!