PDA

View Full Version : Any Recomendation on Wet Suits for Waterskiing and Wakeboarding?

SupraTamu
02-16-2010, 02:30 PM
I am wanting to start the wakeboarding and waterskiing season early this year and need any advice on what type of wet suit to purchase and any advice on what to look for. I live in the Austin, Texas area and the water temperature is currently 52 degrees at Lake Travis where I ski. I am 6'3" tall and about 249 lbs but working on that. Any advice would be appreciated.

Okie Boarder
02-16-2010, 02:39 PM
I have an O'Neil suit I bought off ebay last year. It is a Farmer John style with a jacket...all 2mm. We started in low 50* water last year in April and it worked well.

Any suit that is like that of a full one-piece suit would work fine. I'd go 3/2 or 4/3. 3/2 would probably be the most flexible while still keeping you decently warm.

Some others might be able to chime on on brand or model specifics.

SupraTamu
02-16-2010, 02:42 PM
Thanks for the information Okie. I will take a look on line and see what is available. I just bought a new wakeboard saturday and chompin at the bit to try it out.

TayTay
02-16-2010, 03:20 PM
I have an Excel 7mm suit. It is not flexible at all but I was out in mid-high 40 degree water last spring and it did a good job. I know Excel makes a riding wetsuit that is more flexible. They are pretty spendy though.

Ed G
02-20-2010, 04:06 PM
contact Exceed Wetsuits.

www.exceedwetsuits.com

Owner (Mark Meyers) is a Moomba owner and gives discounts to Supra and Moomba owners