PDA

View Full Version : Viper Customs = Awesome...

blackout00
02-18-2010, 10:06 PM
I just wanted to put a post up about my incredible experience today at Viper Customs. Today was a great day for 2 reasons:

1. I bought Jason's boat (92 Supra Comp) and it was every bit as pretty as the pics he had on here.
2. I had the opportunity to meet Jim, the owner of Viper.

I got a full tour of the shop. I saw many of the members boats on here getting ready for the summer. Way cool. Jim went over Jason's boat with me and explained how seriously he takes his reputation, and what all he did on the boat and also went over some of the basic parts and maintenance of the boat...This is my first one :)

Jim, and the crew at Viper, went above and beyond in my book. They are a shining example of what customer service and quality work is. My friends and family could not believe the boat was a 92 when I brought it home. Jim's shop is over 500 miles from my home in PA and I can say that every mile was worth it. I hope to continue the relationship with the shop and I am sure I will. Anyone getting work done at Viper will not be disappointed. Thanks for a great first time boat buying experience to Jim and Jason. Two people that make the boating community so great!

docdrs
02-18-2010, 10:45 PM
Congrats on the new ride, it looks awesome:rolleyes:

dshaff24
02-18-2010, 11:10 PM
Yeah Jason's boat is a great example of what Jim can do! Congrats on your first boat! I wish my a supra was my first boat because there probally wouldn't have been a 2nd or third

TayTay
02-18-2010, 11:21 PM
Congrats on the new boat! The pictures looked pretty awesome. Welcome to the Forum!

cmtaylor777
02-19-2010, 12:17 AM
sorry guys...... where are the pics?

ssmith
02-19-2010, 12:41 AM
Blackout, congrats on your new boat. I'm glad you made the trip safely. Jim has my boat at his shop now. I can't wait to get her back. I have also had the privilege of meeting both Jim and Jason....both class acts IMO. I got to see Jason's ...oops, your boat (lol) when I dropped my off to Jim about 3 weeks ago and I agree with your fam and friends about it not looking like a 92 model. I've made the comment to my buds before, that if Jason's boat had been around when I was in the market that I would've seriously considered it (even though I wanted a V-drive) because of the condition and price point. I think you got a great deal on a boat that will last you for many years. Again, CONGRATS. Oh, post up some BIG pics. Jason's tiny pics were pitiful..sorry Jason, but come on show that baby off.

cmtaylor, the only pics I've seen were in the classifieds section.

Fman
02-19-2010, 12:42 AM
Thats awesome, what a great day for you.... congradulations on your new boat, you are going to have a great summer!

jonyb
02-19-2010, 12:43 AM
Congrats on the new purchase. It's nice to have someone spend that kind of time with you when making a purchase like that, whether it's $100K or $5K. That goes a long way in my book. I've met Jim and Jason as well... Both great guys.

blackout00
02-19-2010, 11:42 AM
Thanks for all the responses. It was a great experience and to anyone looking to get work done by them, it will be first class. I will get some pics up soon...

csuggs
02-19-2010, 12:14 PM
Congrats Blackout! You made a good choice - I saw the boat when I took my 86 Sunsport to Jim in December. Beautiful ride!!!! Did Jim show you mine with the stringers out?? I wish I could see it . . .

I was also very impressed with the shop and the professionalism with which Jim does business. Not too common these days . . .

Okie Boarder
02-19-2010, 01:34 PM
Congrats! You got yourself a good boat. It's great to continue to hear nothing but good things about Viper (and Jason). Good people are priceless and a true blessing in this world.

87SunSportMikeyD
02-19-2010, 01:54 PM
Congrats!!!

jet
02-20-2010, 11:06 AM
Man..you got one nice boat.

jasonba1
02-20-2010, 05:08 PM
Thanks blackout I know you will enjoy it, post up some pics. I would also like to thank Jim at viper for handling the deal for me. I have been in boston for a week and half my aunt passed away and then 4 days later my grandmother passed away so it was a hard week but even though I wasnt in town Jim handled everything for me. I really hated I didint get to meet you blackout but i know we will stay in touch and thanks for being so understanding even though I wasnt there.

blackout00
02-22-2010, 10:25 PM
CSuggs,

I did see your boat. It was amazing to see the work. They were going to town on that thing to say the least...Thanks again for all the comments. Jason has followed up with me a week after the deal, and I can honestly say that I have found two good friends in TN that I will be working with a bunch in the future. Thanks again!