PDA

View Full Version : Fun Video

csuggs
02-19-2010, 05:18 PM
Boat ramp follies - wish I knew how to run this on my screensaver for these cold snowy days!
Check it out :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho1705vkc-k

Okie Boarder
02-19-2010, 06:40 PM
That's pretty interesting. It's fun to watch and try to figure out whether it is an inboard or not. You can usually spot them by how they maneuvre and approach the docks. That seems like a pretty tight ramp and courtesy dock setup.

saltare inverts
02-20-2010, 01:03 AM
Loved watching that. I can remember when I had the only boat on the lake with a tower. Now half of them of do.

jet
02-20-2010, 11:11 AM
Our boat ramp ramp doesn't move that fast. lol

tg0824SSVGG
02-20-2010, 12:10 PM
There were surprisingly few bad backers ... you should see how many
there are where we go - and they can PARALYZE a 5 lane ramp. I have on more
than one occasion offered to back the truck for them --- just to get them the heck
out of there!

csuggs
02-20-2010, 04:57 PM
than one occasion offered to back the truck for them --- just to get them the heck
out of there!

I've done the same thing, but they usually just want to do it themselves - problem is they hold everyone else up!:mad:

TayTay
02-21-2010, 10:06 PM
That is a pretty cool video. It is crazy how it was non-stop for that long. I dont think our ramps are THAT busy. I tried to pull my boat out after a bass tournament and that was pretty intense but it usually isn't that bad.

87SunSportMikeyD
02-22-2010, 12:26 PM
Todd you made me LOL with that one! Bring the video cam for that haha!

dusty2221
02-22-2010, 12:56 PM
out of there!

My worst fear when pulling up to the ramp!! Well that, and the crew that either is fixing to put in or just pulled out and they have to load/unload all of the gear in the boat right in the turn around spot to back in. I've actually had to back someone's truck in for them once before. Unbelievable.

Okie Boarder
02-22-2010, 01:29 PM
Usually ours is pretty smooth. One thing we've found that makes it nice is we try to go early in the morning and stay until dark, especially since we usually go on Saturday. That way we are there before the recreational boaters to launch and stay later then them to load.

My wife and I both get irritated with people that aren't prepared and block others. Our philosophy is the ramp is to quickly launch or load the boat. Any other activity should be done somewhere before or after the ramp out of others' way so the line of people moves quickly.