PDA

View Full Version : 2001 Launch SS Gauge Issues

SS1984
02-23-2010, 12:25 AM
I am looking at buying an 01 Launch SS. I test drove it this past weekend and it ran and handled great. My only issue is that the gas gauge does not read accurately, both speedos work intermittentaly, and the oil pressure guage flickers. The temp gauge works fine. The owner has not ran the boat since September and according to him was not having those issues this past summer. Without completing any diagnosis has anyone ran into all three of these issues. I am guessing that this boat as an control module that handles all the gauges. Based off experience will I be looking at buying a new module? If so how much typically?

Fman
02-23-2010, 12:42 AM
I am looking at buying an 01 Launch SS. I test drove it this past weekend and it ran and handled great. My only issue is that the gas gauge does not read accurately, both speedos work intermittentaly, and the oil pressure guage flickers. The temp gauge works fine. The owner has not ran the boat since September and according to him was not having those issues this past summer. Without completing any diagnosis has anyone ran into all three of these issues. I am guessing that this boat as an control module that handles all the gauges. Based off experience will I be looking at buying a new module? If so how much typically?

Call Jim Jackson at Vipor Customs, he would probably be able to answer all your questions. I believe he specializes in Supra boats, he had the part I needed for my swim platform. Seems like a really nice guy. (865)388-4096.

docdrs
02-23-2010, 12:55 AM
not sure if they had the kyser medallion mdc unit......about 300. but i had a 99 and the gas guage wandered and the oil pressure bobbed a bit, and if the speedos are the old style , non paddle wheel they wouldnt woprk if plugged, pull the pickup off the mdc and blow it free. not sure if this helps

jzelt
02-23-2010, 01:13 PM
Ground wire(s) may have gotten corroded/loose over storage...

H2Oman
02-23-2010, 11:35 PM
I agree with jzelt. Check that first.