02-24-2010, 04:27 PM
http://forums.wakeboarder.com/viewtopic.php?t=85643

http://forums.wakeboarder.com/files/0221001716b.jpg

iwakeboard
02-24-2010, 05:01 PM
Wow, I like!

dusty2221
02-24-2010, 05:14 PM
Man, that looks great! Would look even better with a black tower!

jonyb
02-24-2010, 09:44 PM
Skulls. Yuck.

TayTay
02-25-2010, 10:45 AM
It seems to me that it is kind of risky putting a wrap like that on a brand new boat, from a dealer's standpoint. That wrap probably cuts the potential customer base in half. I could just see it sitting there for a while. Some people may love skulls, some obviusly do not like skulls. If I personally was spending tens of thousands of dollars on a boat, I wouldn't get the skulls and would probably want a wrap I picked out. I understand that they want to "show off" the boat. I just think it would be hard for me to invest the money in the new boat and then put a more esentric wrap on it that could possibly deter a potential customer. Just my opinion. By the way does anybody know how much the dealers get the boats for, or is that "priviledged" dealer info, lol.

tg0824SSVGG
02-25-2010, 01:07 PM
I agree, not crazy about skulls. However, it's also possible that boat is already sold,
with that wrap being a custom request - and the dealer just has it on the showroom/boat show floor. Dealers around here do that all the time during the winter ...

Have no idea, of course, but I agree with John - not into the skulls - but I do find
some wraps interesting as a way to make your boat different from norm.

Fman
02-25-2010, 01:17 PM
Guess I am old school, very few of the wraps do anything for me. My personal favorite is the SUPRA logo by itself or with the celtic flames, I think this looks very clean and polished.

TayTay
02-25-2010, 01:32 PM
I agree, not crazy about skulls. However, it's also possible that boat is already sold,
with that wrap being a custom request - and the dealer just has it on the showroom/boat show floor. Dealers around here do that all the time during the winter ...

Have no idea, of course, but I agree with John - not into the skulls - but I do find
some wraps interesting as a way to make your boat different from norm.

That is a good point, I didn't think that it may be sold. I do agree that the wraps make the boat very custom and you are very unlikely to run into another boat with the SAME wrap, who knows though.

You know what I have been wanting to do, I dont think it would work, but I'll tell ya anyway. I am a veteran of the Marine Corps and I think it would be cool to have a custom Marines wrap designed and see if the Marine Corps Recruiting station would pay for it, and then I could go to some promo's with them, etc. The boat already has some red it and I think you could make a sweet wrap. Maybe take some "on the fencers" about joining out for a little joy ride or something. Just a thought I had a while back. Sorry about the tangent...

87SunSportMikeyD
02-26-2010, 12:10 PM
I think it was someones personal boat that they were displaying at the boat show. The dealer was probably giving them a good deal. I agree it's not quite my style, but it's nice to see some Supras getting special treatment.

87SunSportMikeyD
02-26-2010, 12:11 PM
Tay I know WBM just gave away a boat to a veteran, I'm pretty sure it has a killer custom wrap. Not sure if it's Marines though. Will post up if I see it online.

TayTay
02-26-2010, 02:20 PM
That's pretty cool. I am sure they could custom make some pretty awesome military/patriotic wraps. I'd love to see any if someone comes across one.