PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from Nor-Cal?

Fman
02-25-2010, 08:27 PM
Is there any users on this board from Nor-Cal? I have yet to see anyone post on this site from the West Coast. Just curious, it would be nice to have a resource close to me if I ever needed help on my boat or could return the favor for somebody else.

TayTay
02-25-2010, 10:24 PM
I'm two states north in Washington, not really close enough to give you a hand though, haha. It does seem like most Supra owners are concentrated Towards the east. It seems there are quite a few people from Texas on here as well.

Fman
02-26-2010, 12:02 AM
As I mentioned earlier, I rarely see any Supra boats at any of the lakes I goto. Infact all last year I can only count two or three that I saw.

TayTay
02-26-2010, 12:26 AM
I was just talking to someone about this the other day. We go out on the Columbia River around here and last year I saw two other Supra Boats all summer. It is kind of nice having a unique boat for the area. Some people have never even heard of it.

SUPRA_ALLEGRO_LANE
02-26-2010, 06:11 AM
Not a Supra owner yet, but im in Nor Cal. Redding Ca. Still looking for that Allegro

Diggs
02-26-2010, 11:53 AM
Come to Portland. Tons of Supra's on the water.

thescott
02-26-2010, 12:51 PM
Hey Now- I'm up to a hefty 102 posts! SF Bay Area Here-
Frequent - Pedro, McClure, Berryessa and try to get to Bullards a couple times/year. Take yearly 2 week trips to Trinity 25 years running and a 1 week Houseboat trip at Shasta. Also hit the Delta from time to time as well.

In all the times I've had my boat out in the last 2 years, I've seen 3 other supras. I don't think there's a big supra population in Nor Cal.

Fman
02-26-2010, 01:07 PM
I saw one 22V All black at Bullards Bar last year, other than this the only other Supra was a 24' Sunsport being towed, never have seen it since. I have also seen a few Moomba's....

We will be at Lake Shasta this year for a week in June on a houseboat, hope to see some Supras. I know a lot of people from Oregon and Washington head over to that Lake.... its probably going to fill this year! Should be awesome. Just checked online and its only about 40 feet down right now, 60 feet higher than this time last year.

thescott
02-26-2010, 01:31 PM
There's a local group called DRA (delta riders association) with an all black 22. They're generally on the Delta so I rarely see them. But I know they hit up Bullards from time to time as well. If it was them, they almost always have some pretty impressive riders in tow.

I'll be in Shasta on a houseboat this year from 7/18-7/25. I am SURE it will fill to the brim this year. It's come up something like 55' in the last 30 days! I wish I could say the same for Trinity. It's not looking too hot right now. It IS higher than this time last year, but it hit a 10 year low in Jan. of 2242' (which is 128' down) and will probably take a couple good seasons to fill up again. We generally go there the 2nd and 3rd weeks in August. Last year at that time it was down 105'. Still plenty of water to have fun though. Figure it will only be slightly better this year. Good thing about the low water there...we have the lake almost completely to ourselves in August!

Not sure what I can ever offer in the way of technical expertise - but hit me up if you ever need help w/ something. We pretty much have the same boat.

cmtaylor777
02-26-2010, 05:29 PM
Snagged my wifey from Nor-Cal. Livermore area. She owned a Mastercraft when I met her and she didn't see Supras either. They are pretty common here. We know our boats down here.

Fman
02-26-2010, 07:52 PM
Snagged my wifey from Nor-Cal. Livermore area. She owned a Mastercraft when I met her and she didn't see Supras either. They are pretty common here. We know our boats down here.

Glad you were able to convince her to come over from the dark side :) My wife and I grew up in San Jose, fairly close to Livermore. Been living in roseville now for 16 years, I work in Sacramento County.

cmtaylor777
02-26-2010, 08:08 PM
I'm sure we will be moving back that way in the future. She is luring me with all the attractions you guys have there. Snowboarding, beaches, lakes and the climate. I don't want to make that move though. It's 30 hours from here. Either a long drive, on an expensive moving bill.

Fman
02-26-2010, 08:46 PM
I'm sure we will be moving back that way in the future. She is luring me with all the attractions you guys have there. Snowboarding, beaches, lakes and the climate. I don't want to make that move though. It's 30 hours from here. Either a long drive, on an expensive moving bill.

California has too many people, and its very expensive to live here. Although, the weather is a definite plus, and we do have a lot of lakes in Nor-Cal and the California Delta which in itself is over 1000 miles of waterways and the Sacramento river.

I always think how nice it would be to move OUT of this state, somewhere a little more low key and slower paced. My wife hates cold weather and would not last a winter season in the mid-west! guess I am stuck here for awhile.

cmtaylor777
02-27-2010, 01:04 AM
Trust me....you don't want to have the conversation with your wife that I am having on a weekly basis now. All I hear is how bad our weather is here in Texas. It's not that bad to me, but you would think I moved my wife to the surface of the sun. She hates it when its too hot or too cold. I'm not kidding you....she is sitting on the couch next to me right now with 3 blankets on.

You gotta love California girls.

Fman
02-27-2010, 01:17 AM
Trust me....you don't want to have the conversation with your wife that I am having on a weekly basis now. All I hear is how bad our weather is here in Texas. It's not that bad to me, but you would think I moved my wife to the surface of the sun. She hates it when its too hot or too cold. I'm not kidding you....she is sitting on the couch next to me right now with 3 blankets on.

You gotta love California girls.

LOL, thats great, sounds like a ditto of my wife. One of the guys I worked with just retired and moved to Texas, I cant recall the name of the town he moved to but he was happy to leave California. Plus his dollar will go a lot further in Texas than California.

If you want to go somewhere great in Cali, San Diego is beautiful.... that would be a cool place to retire, great weather and just a really nice area. Lots of $$$$ to live there, maybe someday.....

cmtaylor777
02-27-2010, 01:44 AM
We have a lot of people that retire here from Cali. I can see why, having to hear of all the differences there are between here and there. Our cost of living is much easier.

I have to admit, I love everything about Nor-Cal. You guys have it all. We do Tahoe every Christmas and I have to sit and wait all winter til we get to go. Not much to do here in the winter. I would love to be that close to everything. We usually hit Carnegie for a little dirt biking, Tahoe for snowboarding and wakeboarding at whatever lakes we can get to. I wouldn't be able to keep my mind on work if I ever moved there. Way too much to do.

TayTay
03-01-2010, 11:09 AM
That is one nice thing about CA is that there is quite a bit to do. I have to agree with FMAN though that it is too expensive and there are too many people.

I pay less for my 2000 sq ft 4 bedroom house in WA than I did for a two bedroom apartment in CA. The prices just blow my mind! I like it where we are at now. My wife, who is also a California girl, admits that she likes WA better than CA now. It took her a year of living here to admit it, but she does :D

scotthons
03-05-2010, 06:35 PM
I went to school in Chico and then moved to Sacto for a couple of years. Great place to be a boat owner. So many options. I had an older Malibu when I lived there. My uncle in SoCal owns a Supra. We used to do a houseboat trip in Shasta once a year. He mainly goes to the Colorado River or to the Kings River in Central Cali. His was the first Supra I ever saw.

I grew up in the San Diego area, but I would have to say if I ever moved back to Cali it would only be Northern. I am digging Albuquerque now, but we need more Lakes or Rivers.

Fman
03-05-2010, 09:07 PM
Nor-cal has some great spots, especially some of the mountain lakes, I can hardly wait for Shasta in June, that is my all time favorite lake. 364 miles of shoreline when the lake is full, which it might be this year... its only 38 feet down from full pool right now!

So-cal seems like it would be very crowded and not a lot of options, great place to own a surfboard!