PDA

View Full Version : First time in the water, Had a few problems

catdaddy76
04-19-2004, 11:31 AM
Yesterday was the first time we really used our new 04' SSV. We had few minor problems.
The two BIG problems being...
1) the right rear ballast tank will not empty. I cannot even hear the pump come on. Then after searching, I can't even find the pump to try and work on it.

The two other things were my fault.
1) I hit a log. No performance issues, but when I pulled the boat out and started to examine it, in the prop shaft sleeve (brass holder approx. six inches in front of the prop) at the front of it there is some bark stuck in it, could this be a problem?
2) when putting on the Mako wakeboard rack I overtightened the handle and it broke off in my hand. I need to get another handle

mygreenmonster.com
04-19-2004, 11:42 AM
For your ballast, make sure that your fill hose is connected to the top connecter and the drain hose is connected to the bottom connector. I had that problem and it was because I accidentally reversed the hoses when I hooked them back up. All I had to do to correct it was to unhook both hoses from the ballast bag and hook the top hose to the bottom of the bag and the bottom hose to the top of the bag.

Good luck.

catdaddy76
04-19-2004, 02:31 PM
The tank filled properly, but would not empty. Could this be because the hoses are backwards? I think that it would not have filled properly if the hoses were reversed, plus I can't hear the pump running like I can with the others.
By the way...MYGREENMONSTER...I would like to copy your bazooka tube idea. Did you get the powered tube or did you get a seperate amp?

mygreenmonster.com
04-19-2004, 02:48 PM
It will still fill properly if they are backwards. If the fill hose is at the bottom, the water will still fill in all of the way. But the drain hose would be at the top and would not be low enough to drain anything out of the bag. You might have an issue with your drain pump, but I would see of the hoses are backwards first.

The bazooka that I put in is the RS 8" dual voice coil.
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/viewitem.php?id=1953

I also have it in parallel with a 10" Kenwood in a 10" Audiobahn tube enclosure. The amp I use is a Kenwood 1200 watt 5 channel amp. Both the 10 and 8 are in parallel on the 5th channel of that amp. Two left tower speakers are in parallel on the 3rd channel and the two right tower speakers are in parallel on the 4th channel.
http://www.kenwoodusa.com/product/product.jsp?productTypeId=11&sortBy=price&productI d=2426

Happy Golly
04-20-2004, 12:28 PM
Did all of your all bags fill? if it was just the right one make sure all valves are open, ck hose for bends, routing, etc... give it a good look over, if your pump didn't work it could be elc problems. I'm sure it is just a simple fix. Remember when you are working on the boat that you don't need to torque the bolts like your working on a dozer, just nice and snug or look in manual for torque specs. Can't help you on the log. Have fun.::)

BigWaveDave
04-21-2004, 01:01 PM
Ok, I put my new SSV in the water for the first time on the 4-10. I had similar issues, make sure the solenoid valves are in the down position. My boat shipped with all three in the up position so I had no control over any of the bags. Your owners manual talks about this. They are located under the transmission cover.

catdaddy76
04-22-2004, 07:41 AM
Hey Guys, GOOD NEWS! Your suggestions were correct. The right rear had blown a fuse and the hoses were hooked up backwards. The log didn't do any damage and my dealer has orderes the handle off the Mako wakeboard AND covered it under the warranty. It took me (no mechanical skill) about 5 minutes to fix everything that was wrong after a few suggestions from you guys and my dealer.
THANKS ALOT!:) :)

Brian in KY
06-08-2004, 01:18 PM
MYGREENMONSTER,
noticed that post about the bazooks and was thinking about doing the same thing, but where did you put it for good sound? Thanks in advance

mygreenmonster.com
06-09-2004, 10:23 AM
Brian,

I took the false wall in front of the driver seat out, placed the 8" bazooka and a 10" Kenwood that is in Audiobahn ported tube enclosure both in the space behind the false wall which is in front of the driver seat. The 8 and 10 are hooked up in parallel at 2 Ohms on the subwoofer channel of my Kenwood Amp. I replaced the false wall and a new audiobahn chrome flame grill back to the factory position. Some of my friends think my system is too loud!

I don't have current pictures with my flame grill, but I have pictures with the older speaker grill on the false wall. I am going to take some pictures of the flame grill and post it on my online gallery within the next couple of weeks. Here are some pics of my audio system setup:

http://www.wakeboardindiana.com/portal/DesktopModules/EditPictureGallery.aspx?username=mygreenmonster.co m&GalleryName=Boat%20Audio&galleryid=8&picid=51&Pa geIndex=0&PicPageIndex=1#Pictures

;)

Brian in KY
06-09-2004, 05:19 PM
Thanks Monster, I hadn't thought about that location, great idea, was trying to avoid chopping up anything irreplaceable. By the way, very nice setup, thanks for sharing.