PDA

View Full Version : Less than $25,000 feasible?

RedlinedImagery
02-26-2010, 03:34 PM
Hey I've been drooling over Supra's Launch series since they came out with it, and now that I've got a good paying job, my truck's paid for, and I've just been blessed with a new baby, I feel that roadracing motorcycles at this point in my life needs to be placed on the back burner. I grew up riding on Lake Cumberland behind a 86 SeaRay seville (which was a good boat) and I've been wakeboarding since I was 6 and skiing/kneeboarding since I was 7. I want the same for my son, but under one stipulation. I want him/me/wife/family to ride behind a Supra.

So, as to my question, I'd like to keep a reasonable payment and I've done my searching on the net, and I can't seem to find a Vdrive Supra (mid 90s+) for under $35,000. Am I being too optimistic, or should I just suck it up and get a GG ed. for $45,000?

I've also considered Moomba's lineup and found a few buys, but most need a lot of TLC.

Thanks for any input,

Brian

TayTay
02-26-2010, 03:41 PM
I think patients is key here. I got my 2005 Supra Launch 22 SSV for 26k. Granted I think I got an awesome deal, they are out there. Here is one in the Seattle area. I have no idea where you are from, but just an example.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/boa/1613655917.html

Good luck in your search!

thescott
02-26-2010, 04:00 PM
I think you can find something - when you're looking in the used market, if you have a specific make/model in mind it'll take more time-but they're out there.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/8/748083.html?1258815517
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/8/725515.html?1252892260

RedlinedImagery
02-26-2010, 04:03 PM
Thanks, TayTay. I forgot to mention I'm in Lexington, KY. I've seen a ton of deals out of WA state. If I got a good enough deal, I'd probably fly out and have them ship it out here to me. I'd prefer to buy locally though, I'm a "have to see it and sit in it before I buy it" kinda guy and I don't mind waiting. I'm in no rush.

Theres a Supra in Paducah that is sick, but I can't drop the dough on a 54k boat. :( Like you said patience is key, hopefully it'll pay off.

Thanks Again!

RedlinedImagery
02-26-2010, 04:20 PM
Thanks Scott!

That first one I've looked at online, but it's in Canada. lol. A little too far but very nice boat none-the-less.
The second I haven't seen, but its very sharp! I will email him and see if the boat is back on the market. He's within driving distance. :)

thescott
02-26-2010, 04:23 PM
That's a pretty nice looking boat and seems like a good deal.

Good luck! Keep us posted on your search progress-

Dreamer99
02-26-2010, 04:24 PM
That first ad on Vancouver Island (in Canada) is mine. $26,500usd and it is yours. It runs like a dream, has a new steering cable. Too bad you are so far south.

jzelt
02-26-2010, 05:42 PM
Here is a tip....

Don't look for one...(just like fishing, if you watch the pole, they don't bite, if you put it down and take a nap, just in the beginning of a deep sleep, you are awakened by a bite).

I wasn't in the market and was happy with my Chaparral. Then, boom. There it was browsing online one day and went for a test ride...

Check some local marinas/dealers (being they are made in TN, would think a lot of customers are local). Maybe they know of someone that was thinking about it. I would guess that once the weather breaks in the spring, more may be listed than are now.

Wakeworld/craigslist (where I found ours) and here are some online sources for options.

Other than jonyb (issues) and getting married (why ours sold), I don't know why anyone would ever get rid of a boat like this. (Maybe why there don't seem to be many for resale).

Good luck in the search. I know there aren't many in Western PA in general let alone any for sale.

87SunSportMikeyD
02-26-2010, 07:34 PM
Yeah their V-drive models came out a few years later than competitors, you may find an earlier year v in a Super Sport Nauti or MC 205V late 90s for low $18-20ks

csuggs
02-26-2010, 09:15 PM
They are out there - just gotta be patient and diligent about your search. I have a good friend that recently purchased a 2000 Mastercraft V-drive with open bow for around 20K - and it's a beauty with low hours. Patience and diligence. will pay off.

RedlinedImagery
02-27-2010, 02:13 PM
Thanks for the input! I emailed the guy from above in IL, so we'll see if he emails me back. Every person I've emailed about a past Supra they have sold, I have gotten a reply. That tells me that Supra owners are genuine people.

I'll keep you all posted on the search progress!

Brian

Newty
02-28-2010, 12:21 AM
Hey Redline I'm in Wa state and on the border of OR, so if you need a pair of good eyeballs let me know. I'd be gald to look for you.
Diggs on the Supra boards, is always finding great deals on boats and is a local here too. He is a Supra fanatic and a wealth of knowledge. Def worth the drive for some of the deals found in our area.

RedlinedImagery
02-28-2010, 03:04 AM
Thanks! The guy emailed me back, but the he decided to keep the boat. Looks like I'll still be on the lookout!

iwakeboard
02-28-2010, 10:42 AM
Best of luck to you, I was in a similar search not long ago, gotta keep looking!

scotthons
03-05-2010, 05:43 PM
Patience is key. I just picked up an '06 Launch 21V for way below what I saw others out there. It was posted on Craigslist with no pictures. Luckly I had family nearby that I could trust to look at the boat for me before making the 11 hour drive to pick it up. I doubt we have many in New Mexico let alone for sale, but if you see one I can check it out for you.

mapleleaf
03-06-2010, 01:30 AM
Here is a tip....

Don't look for one...(just like fishing, if you watch the pole, they don't bite, if you put it down and take a nap, just in the beginning of a deep sleep, you are awakened by a bite).

I wasn't in the market and was happy with my Chaparral. Then, boom. There it was browsing online one day and went for a test ride...

Check some local marinas/dealers (being they are made in TN, would think a lot of customers are local). Maybe they know of someone that was thinking about it. I would guess that once the weather breaks in the spring, more may be listed than are now.

Wakeworld/craigslist (where I found ours) and here are some online sources for options.

Other than jonyb (issues) and getting married (why ours sold), I don't know why anyone would ever get rid of a boat like this. (Maybe why there don't seem to be many for resale).

Good luck in the search. I know there aren't many in Western PA in general let alone any for sale.

Dont' mean to thread jack here, but I totally agree w/JZelt I had decided I wanted a used Supra and being from Toronto looking at boats in FLA and TX was a challenge. The moment I let my guard down, a Conbrio in my price range popped up 20 minutes north of me......Patience my friend, patience....
Funny part is I'm a slalom skier turned wakeboarder, Conbrio is totally the wrong boat for our riding these days!!!!!!

foxriverat
03-06-2010, 03:32 AM
Found this not too far from you. http://knoxville.craigslist.org/boa/1619753690.html

RedlinedImagery
03-07-2010, 12:16 AM
Thanks everyone! I emailed that guy a few days ago, fox. Waiting to see what exactly is wrong with the hull.

Anyone know how hard it is (or if its even worth the hassle) to repair or have blistering repaired? And is it common?