PDA

View Full Version : Carpet overlay on 2009/2010 models

Fman
02-26-2010, 04:24 PM
Does anyone here have the removeable carpet in there 2009/2010? I wanted to see some pictures of it installed, I was talking to Jim Jackson today and he said it has some snap-in components (center ballast compartment) but most of it is just an overlay to help save the glued in carpet. His price was about $400 for entire floor of my boat, I am considering buying it but wanted to see some pictures and how it is working for you.

Thanks.

tg0824SSVGG
02-26-2010, 05:00 PM
I would like to know as well, but several folks have said to me that it
gets GRUNGY under the snap in as well ... it's not like you dont' have to take it out
and clean in/under/around it -- it just takes spills and saves the other carpet - AND if it's HUMID where you are, it could get NASTY under there.

here in northern Colorado, it's normally about -20% humidity (not serious, but not more
than about 20% normally)

Fman
02-26-2010, 07:56 PM
I would be okay with removing it and drying it, its just a PIA to clean the carpet in a boat. It would be great to be able to remove it and hose it down. According to Jim it pretty much is just a lay-over style carpet, with some type of rubber under lining that grips the standard carpet. The only snaps are on the front ballast locker on the Sunsport. He is going to send me some pictures, they just installed it in a Moomba and Supra at his shop. I will post them up when I get them.