PDA

View Full Version : where to buy these?

sidetracked3
02-28-2010, 01:05 AM
I broke the wire off of the pins that go to my z-5 cargo rack. Where can I get it replced?

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/1/1163/101/2905050199_large.jpg

Newty
02-28-2010, 01:15 AM
I'd call the maufacturer of your z-5 cover. Even if they don't replace them for free, they may be able to replace them at a reasonable price. I know the cables on the pins on my Z-5 are looking like they are ready to give up, as well as the little black inserts of the tower mounts where the z-5 attatches.
I'd at least call and see what they have to say. Maybe someone here can help out with a 800# or a contact.

jonyb
02-28-2010, 07:35 AM
I got cable that size, and some ferrels, and made my own.

TayTay
03-01-2010, 10:56 AM
I would hope for how much money those dang things cost that they would warranty that piece of equipment for an extended period of time. Is it coincidence that one person’s broke; another said it looks like his are about to go, and third that said they already replaced them?

Just my 2 cents. I would LOVE to have a Z5 but for how much they cost, I can’t afford something like that right now. I just hope they have a good warranty for you folks.

tg0824SSVGG
03-01-2010, 04:01 PM
I have had GREAT support from the Z5 people ... have you tried to see if they
have the part, or are we all speculating?

They upgraded several parts of mine ... just for making a phone call -- without
any hassle (new tops have some new features - I merely asked about them, they
sent me the parts to do this for free).

Todd

jonyb
03-01-2010, 04:26 PM
I never tried, guess I should.... When the first one on mine broke I just made new ones.

sidetracked3
03-01-2010, 04:37 PM
Well I just left them a vms and sent an email. If I find out anything I will post it.

sidetracked3
03-01-2010, 04:53 PM
Ok, WOW!!!! right after I posted Ray from the Z5 company called me. He is sending me a few extra pins at no cost. He said the email system through his sight has been acting up and he has not received all the emails and should have the problem worked out soon. But you can call and leave a message at 407-227-4272 and he should get back with soon. He was VERY nice and easy to deal with. He is even sending some extra tow straps free of charge. Great guy and GREAT customer service.

jonyb
03-01-2010, 09:12 PM
Looks like I'll be calling soon. Doesn't hurt to have a few extra.

TayTay
03-02-2010, 11:29 AM
I am really glad to hear that they have such good customer service. Now know that, I wouldn't feel as bad spending so much on the Z5. It is still SPENDY though. Thats awesome. I really believe that customer service MAKES a company, or in some cases, breaks them...

tg0824SSVGG
03-02-2010, 12:06 PM
I LOVE my Z5. End of story. I wish I had the new "convertable one" - but oh well.

I spent $1000 on a Roswell 2-piece bimini to fit my old boat with the roswell tower
and vamp-spin speakers. It was outrageous, but it was required -- the custom guy
wanted $950 to build one.

To me, they are all SPENDY - but this cargo rack has wayyyy more to offer than
a standard "bimini".

TayTay
03-02-2010, 12:15 PM
I agree that it is better than a bimini 100%. If I was in the market for one or the other, I would definetly shell out the extra cash for the Z5. What I guess I was trying to say is that I am not in the market and I cant justify right now spending that kind of money on the Z5 to replace a perfectly good bimini. Dont get me wrong, I think that it is a pretty amazing piece of gear. I have yet to see one in real life, and would really love too. Maybe I'll have to make my way down to a dealer (we dont have a supra dealer local) and check one out in person :D

tg0824SSVGG
03-02-2010, 12:27 PM
Ah, thanks for clarifying Tay Tay.

(they make these for most major boats, so you could see a SIMILAR one at
another vendor if you just have to see one. )