PDA

View Full Version : New Member

scotthons
03-02-2010, 04:18 PM
What's up everyone? Super stoked to be a member of the Supra family. I just purchased a 2006 Launch 21 V. Previously we had a '98 Malibu Sportster so this is going to be a fun upgrade. A couple quick questions if you could help me out.

Any suggestions on setting up the ballast and wake plate? It has the upgraded Gravity Bags. I am a pretty aggressive rider, but I have not had much time behind a Wakeboarding specific boat.

Also, the boat has the Roswell Tower lights, but they have never been hooked up. I have the wiring for it that was still in the original packaging. It looks like I will have to drill a hole in the tower to feed the wiring down. The opposite side has a hole in the tower for the speakers. The lights have a plug-in on them, but not a hole in the tower. Has anyone had to do this before?

Thanks, Scott

87SunSportMikeyD
03-02-2010, 05:40 PM
Oh MAN there are so many lucky owners of newer Supras lately you guys are in for the most amazing summer!!! You may only want the ballast half full at first, it is pretty intimidating and hard to practice correct technique while learning on that massive wake. Also easier for injuries. Wake plate down a bit when weighted or when it's wavy.

Is the plug on the lights in the middle of tower and needs to be wired through to the side arm, or is it already ready to be dropped down the arm? On the arm, use a fish tape or drop a string in the top and use a shop vac to suck it out the bottom hole. You are correct to do opposite side of tower as speakers. Skip the pre-packaged 'tower lights wiring packages' and just buy your own wire, wuick disconnect at the gunwale is not needed IMO.

Okie Boarder
03-02-2010, 06:30 PM
Mikey covered your questions pretty good and I'd agree. I noticed you're in Albuquerque. Where are you planning to ride? I have a colleague that lives out there and I travel to our facility there every once in a while. Maybe I'd make it out sometime when it's warm and we could do an evening run. ;-)

scotthons
03-02-2010, 06:39 PM
Thanks for the answers. That helps out a lot. We have a storage place at Navajo Lake. It is about 3 hours from here. Unfortunately we do not have any water close enough to do weekday runs. If you can make it on the weekend I'm sure we can accomodate.

Okie Boarder
03-02-2010, 06:46 PM
Note to self...don't take a job at the Albuquerque facility. LOL! 3 hours...man that's rough. I live 15 miles from my lake now. When I move to OKC I'll have a lake that close but it's muuuuch smaller. I'm bummed about that and the fact I have to go ~1 hour to a lake the size I'm used to. I can't imagine having to do 3 hours. I'm sure you get used to it though. All my buddies in CA do it. 4 hours to Havasu. If I make a trip out there and can swing not coming home until a Sunday afternoon, I'll let you know.

iwakeboard
03-03-2010, 10:42 AM
Scott, congrats man, that is seriously one of the best wakes out there in my opinion. One of my friends had an '05 21v (same boat/hull) that was the first wake boat I'd ever ridden behind, I loved it. I always likened the wake to 'hitting a brick wall' because it's so steep. He had the upgraded gravity bags too and he also scattered lead weight around the boat. I always ran the wake plate at 3/4 down, and I do the same on my 24 too. I think you'll be really really impressed with that wake. Post pics!!!!

michael hunter
03-03-2010, 10:58 AM
Welcome to the family and congrats on the new boat. You do know the price of membership is photos of your new rig.

dusty2221
03-03-2010, 11:22 AM
Welcome aboard! ^ Like he said..PICS!!!!!

Diggs
03-03-2010, 11:32 AM
scotthons
You must have purchased that 21V over in Cali from the guy that was getting a divorce? That was a good buy. I know some others that had their eye on that boat. Looked real nice and you will be stoked with that boat. Congrats

scotthons
03-03-2010, 12:18 PM
Thanks for all the kind words. As soon as I have it cleaned up and detailed I will get some pics up. Diggs, yes it was the 21V out in Cali. It was a great deal. I was just trying to be patient with purchasing something as we have been looking for about a year.