PDA

View Full Version : quick video, pickup snowboarding....

mapleleaf
03-03-2010, 08:23 AM
It's a pretty quick video, but if you look close you'll see what we were doing in PA last weekend....Still waiting for my friends to post up the longer vid's......there was almost 2' of new snow while we were there!
Joe overshoots the landing a little bit......
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=642547792

87SunSportMikeyD
03-03-2010, 11:22 AM
argg cant see it u gotta get vimeo yo!

mapleleaf
03-03-2010, 11:40 PM
Sorry Mikey, we got some better video, I just don't have 'em...... WE were basically wakeboarding behind my truck in the pow...I'll see what I can dig up....

chautauquasun
03-04-2010, 11:21 PM
Hey Maple....were you up by the Kinzua Dam? Like I said before...I grew up about 20 minutes from the dam down in Warren.

Did you hit Holiday Valley...how was the snow. We have yet to get out skiing...the best snow in 15 years and I havent had the time to get to Seven Springs or Holiday Valley. ugh

87SunSportMikeyD
03-05-2010, 11:10 AM
Oh I just meant that youtube is blocked at my work lol

mapleleaf
03-05-2010, 07:57 PM
Dan, I was just outside of Scandia on the Scandia road that leads back to NY, if you're going going back to I86. Yes the snow was the best I've ever seen in these here parts...It was like being the mountains, Holiday had almost 1' of fresh snow in the tree's each morning and the fields by the cabin had basically 2'+ of the soft stuff....Tundra and a tow rope was all we needed.....we kept back about 60'+ for safety...LOL
BTW having been towed now by ATV, sled and dirtbike (yes in the snow) The pickup truck was by far the most solid pull....kinda like having an inboard on the road!~!!

chautauquasun
03-07-2010, 06:53 PM
Dan, I was just outside of Scandia on the Scandia road that leads back to NY, if you're going going back to I86. Yes the snow was the best I've ever seen in these here parts...It was like being the mountains, Holiday had almost 1' of fresh snow in the tree's each morning and the fields by the cabin had basically 2'+ of the soft stuff....Tundra and a tow rope was all we needed.....we kept back about 60'+ for safety...LOL
BTW having been towed now by ATV, sled and dirtbike (yes in the snow) The pickup truck was by far the most solid pull....kinda like having an inboard on the road!~!!

That sounds like a lot of fun. Yes I know the Scandia are very well. I have done a lot of deer hunting up there and have a buddy with a camp. Not far to Holiday Valley with I-86. Supposedly, Ted Nugent also has a hunting camp in Scandia...although I think that is just a Scandia Urban I mean Rural Legend. :-).