PDA

View Full Version : Tower Cargo Rack Install

BigCity444
03-04-2010, 09:15 AM
I recently ordered the Monster Tower Cargo Rack which I’m very excited to get the boards off the floor. My question is for everyone that has a Z Cargo rack or one from Monster; In preparation for mounting, what angle is the rack set at so that stuff doesn’t fly off?

iwakeboard
03-04-2010, 11:35 AM
I've got the Monster one on mine, I have it slightly angled down for two reasons: (1) towing safety, I think it reduces the chance of it flying off as opposed to wind getting underneath it. You're supposed to remove it when going x-speed but I don't listen well. (2) When you get on plane it would level off a little bit. I've never had anything fly off, and when I say I have it angled down I really do mean only slightly. I'd follow the directions, they won't lead you wrong.

docdrs
03-04-2010, 10:19 PM
here is an install link

http://moomba.com/msgboard/showthread.php?t=10144

TayTay
03-04-2010, 10:58 PM
I just read that post and did a little bit of research on that cargo rack and it seems like the real deal. For less than half the price of the Z5 I think it might be a good option for the budget shopper (granted $600 is still a lot of money). Isn't it crazy how much money we spend on our boats!!

BigCity444
03-04-2010, 11:47 PM
$600 is a lot of money but compared with the quotes that I have seen on this forum. ($1,500 +) It's a steal. Unfortunately as someone else said, with Monster's MT2, you have to go with a narrower/small bimini otherwise your going to crawling under it. The small is 4ft wide. Either way, I'm still stoked to free up space for a cooler.