PDA

View Full Version : I'd better introduce myself!

Tim405
03-05-2010, 10:41 AM
Hey Folks!
I posted on here twice - but failed to introduce myself...

Just bought the 98' Supra Legacy ( TX decals are swapped for OK ones now!)
great boat - drove it on Feb 25th in Lewisville lake TX - it was cold and windy to say the least - Boat has 383 hours on it with the 325 Indmar FI motor...has a missing hinge pin for the pass thru windshield (got it coming) and a series of holes where the tower was before the previous owner removed it...( I'll be filling them!) - interior is in OUTSTANDING condition for 12 yrs old...have a Pioneer head unit and replacement Kicker 6" coax's waiting to be installed ( radio got removed also!)
with the help of our 3 kids, she's probably only been this clean since the day it was sold new...ready for a long term relationship with this girl!
You guys on here seem to be quite the intelligent group on these boats - Glad I found this place!

87SunSportMikeyD
03-05-2010, 11:08 AM
Welcome Tim! You know the drill - lets see some pics! :)

Sounds like a great boat. Are you putting a new tower on it?

Okie Boarder
03-05-2010, 12:12 PM
Welcome. Where are you in OK?

Tim405
03-05-2010, 01:17 PM
We live in Arcadia - 3 miles from Lake Arcadia ( prob drop it in a few times a week there too)- but spend our good times on the water @ Tenkiller - been 4 yrs "boatless" and the kids were needing some more memories...so , here I go again... as for the tower - probably not right away...got a bimini coming ( wanted black but figured it'd be too hot - so I'm getting a white one...when we go out - we stay out for ALL day...

dusty2221
03-05-2010, 01:21 PM
Wow, that thing is clean! You have got to post more pics than that teaser!!

Okie Boarder
03-05-2010, 01:28 PM
Yeah, very nice boat!

We live up in Owasso right now and go to Skiatook. We've gone to Tenkiller a few times,too.

We're moving to the OKC area this summer. We're going to try to locate ourselves to that NE area like Edmond or somewhere around there. We'll probably hit Arcadia pretty regularly. We're also considering Draper. Those would be what I'd consider "close" lakes to go to. We'll see what we do for further lakes. It may be Tenkiller, Eufaula or even just going to Skiatook. I want to check out Kaw too.

We'll have to make sure we meet up sometime this summer.

How old are your kids and what do they like to do on the water?

Tim405
03-05-2010, 01:32 PM
that was one of the dealers website pics - she's in the garage - used a 12" pneumatic buffer and a 3" one also, with some "Met-All" polish on the hull - went over it with 3m hand glaze - then some Meguiar's wax... then took out after the interior...(I tend to overdo things...Marine Corps messed me up!!!) but seriously - I am really happy with the purchase...which is rare for as picky as I can be...
I'll drag her out this weekend and get some braggin pics up on here...
Havin a helluva time finding the teeny little light bulbs ( 12v 3W 1044's) locally here...need em' for the lights in the floor... and it does have one little end missing on the dash bezel - I may do a vaccuum bag lay-up with some carbon fiber prepreg and repair and overlay the entire dash bezel doo-hickey.

Tim405
03-05-2010, 01:35 PM
Skiatook is a killer gorgeous lake - been there a few times with my old boat ( have relatives in Owasso)...Tenkiller has my heart tho...I grew up on that lake and my kids have alot of time on top of that water...
I have 3 kids - boy/girl twins...16 next month and a 9 yr old boy...original equipment wife ( 21 yrs almost!) and 3 dang dogs!

Okie Boarder
03-05-2010, 01:40 PM
Cool. I have two boys (10 and 7). We should definitely try to get together sometime.

Yeah, Skiatook is really nice. I'm going to miss being 15 minutes away from that lake.

Tenkiller is nice. I like it more than Skiatook, just didn't go much since it was so much further away. We'll see what happens now. We may end up spending more time at Tenkiller now.

TayTay
03-05-2010, 01:41 PM
So you were in the Marine Corps huh? I was in '04-'08, with the 11th MEU most of it. I know what you mean about wanting things to be perfect. I kinda have that Obsessiveness as well. You have a nice looking boat there!

87SunSportMikeyD
03-05-2010, 01:41 PM
Wow I see an obsessive boat owner big surprise there! ;) ;) Those OK lakes have some fun names. Lovely lady!

Be careful if you buy a bimini now it likely will not fit under your tower and they're not cheap...

Okie Boarder
03-05-2010, 01:45 PM
Mikey...yeah...interesting names for sure. Lots of native american influence around here. The funny thing with Skiatook is that there are two ways people pronounce it around here. Those that are long time natives pronouce the "took" part kind of like "two-k". Say the number two and put a "k" on the end. For those not native or transplants like me we pronounce the "took" like the work took, like "I took that from you".

Tim405
03-05-2010, 01:48 PM
87-95...didn't want to go on a boat so I didn't join the Navy...I ended up on the USS Belleau Wood, the USS Constellation and the USS Roosevelt... I was an 0341 - then a 6092-6043 - go figure...wouldn't change a thing!!! You were in during some hot times for sure!
Thanks for your service Devil Dawg!

scotthons
03-05-2010, 05:29 PM
That looks very clean! Good work.

sybrmike
03-05-2010, 06:54 PM
First, congrats on the new ride - looks & sounds really clean.

Second, you guys are killing me with the Tenkiller references. I've been stuck in Houston since late 60's, but essentially spent my childhood summers on that lake. All the kin were in Ft. Smith & we literally spent weeks at a time (the rangers would make us move camp sites after 2 weeks!) at Chicken Creek & Six Shooter (yes the funny OK names continue...). Learned to ski there when I was 5, slalom at 8, behind Grampy's old Mark Twain I/O tri-hull.

Wow, the memories keep rushing back - man, I miss pretty water. Thanks a million. I've gotta get back up there...

cmtaylor777
03-05-2010, 08:50 PM
Great looking boat. Welcome!

Gotta do it tho...... Boo Sooners! Go Horns!!!

That goes for you too Oakie!

lol

Okie Boarder
03-07-2010, 11:47 AM
sybr...you need to make a trip up here and we'll meet up at Tenkiller. I've camped at Chicken Creek a couple times.

cm...no prob. I'm a transplant anyway. I don't root for the Sooners or the Horns. ;-)

Tim405
03-07-2010, 01:06 PM
awww - man!!! No Sooner love huh!? LOL. Native Okie here.... where you from...and -
I know alot of folks who have made OK their home after visiting...it's much more down to earth here...folks treat you right...Glad you claim it as home...

Okie Boarder
03-07-2010, 01:14 PM
I'm originally from SoCal. An interesting tidbit though. My grandpa was born in Sapulpa. He moved to CA during the depression era. So, I do have some roots here, you could say.

cmtaylor777
03-07-2010, 06:35 PM
funny thing is, I am closer to Oklahoma then I am to Austin. All in fun. Just hackin on ya!

Tim405
03-08-2010, 12:04 PM
other than OK - TX is my fav state...same mindset...plus - any of us regardless of locality are equally messed up in the head just for owning boats!

Haven't been on any lakes there other than when I test drove the boat...
but - have any of ya'll ever been to Ouachita over by Hot Springs AR ?- that is one pretty lake - we maybe hit it once every couple years...

KG's Supra24
03-08-2010, 01:26 PM
Ouachita would be the primary lake we are on and absolutely love it! The lake is huge with plenty of coves to ride in. Plus the water is clean. It is also all within a national forest so the shoreline is all natural. No houses.

I see alot of Tenkiller love. I have been out there a couple times but now i live closer to ouachita. Ouachita def doesnt have the party scene tenkiller does though!

cmtaylor777
03-08-2010, 01:36 PM
All the lakes near Hot Springs are awesome. I use to go there when I was a kid. That lake is essentially in the valleys of the hills so its easy to find great water. There are also several restaurants and bars on the lake. I really enjoyed that place and would love to make a trip back there. Thanks for reminding me.

sybrmike
03-08-2010, 05:04 PM
South Texas lakes suck! - shallow & brown (sand & mud bottoms down here). Gotta get to the hill country or farther north before the water gets nice. Yea, Ouchita & surrounding lakes sure are pretty - though haven't been there in years.

Another relatively unknown gem in the OK/AR border area is Broken Bow down in the far SE corner of OK. Not very easy to get to from anywhere, but that helps keep the crowds down to pretty much locals (and diehard fishermen - still holds state record smallmouth I think). Pretty big redneck factor, though I have seen some big $ boats there. Deep clear water, rocky undeveloped shorlines, & lots of protected coves. Touted as one of the clearest & most scenic lakes in southern US. IMO worth the trip if you find yourself on the way to nowhere...

Again, congrats on the new old ride.

dusty2221
03-08-2010, 05:13 PM
^ I grew up camping at Beavers Bend and skiing behind and old Mastercraft S&S on Broken Bow right there by the damn. We are going this year to camp and I havent decided if Iwanna take the new boat yet. Taking it means my wife has to pull it the whole way by herself...

cmtaylor777
03-08-2010, 08:04 PM
dusty

What kind of drive is it to Broken Bow? Place sounds nice.How Far from this area?

Gravity08
03-09-2010, 11:23 PM
South Texas lakes suck! - shallow & brown (sand & mud bottoms down here). Gotta get to the hill country or farther north before the water gets nice. Yea, Ouchita & surrounding lakes sure are pretty - though haven't been there in years.

Well depends on how north ya want to go. Water here is red... Possium Kindom is the only lake I can wear my white boardshorts at arround here. Has anyone tried to get a mass gathering of owners together?