PDA

View Full Version : Removing Muffler on 92 Comp

04Gravity
03-05-2010, 12:55 PM
I was thinking about removing the MUffler on my 92 Comp and just puting the hoses straight down. Has anyone done this? Would it have any ill effects on my protec ignition? (I heard these ignition systems were very temperamental)

firstsouthern
03-31-2010, 05:33 PM
I was thinking about removing the MUffler on my 92 Comp and just puting the hoses straight down. Has anyone done this? Would it have any ill effects on my protec ignition? (I heard these ignition systems were very temperamental)

I removed the mufflers on my 92 Conbrio, connected stainless steel pipes stright out. This was done several years ago with no ill affects.

jasonba1
03-31-2010, 09:56 PM
when i first my comp it didnt have mufflers ran it a year with no problems . I put the mufflers back on it sounded awesome but got loud and annoying to me so I put the mufflers back in

Okie Boarder
04-02-2010, 09:35 AM
Take a look at csuggs rebuild thread and you can see how Jim at Viper did his. You should be able to just buy some good exhaust hose from someplace like Discount Inboard Marine and put it in place of the mufflers.

foxriverat
04-16-2010, 04:26 PM
I am going to be replacing my fiberglass mufflers on my 96 ts6m comp. With stainless silencers. And new hose. Does anyone know if there is enough flexability in those short 3 1/2 hoses to get the silencers in. Or will I have to remove the risers to get new hoses and silencers installed.

foxriverat
04-16-2010, 04:29 PM
Here is a picture of what I am going to go with.