PDA

View Full Version : Add me to the "Should the decal off" list!!

dusty2221
03-05-2010, 01:30 PM
Alright, so after seeing all the other boats that have some decals removed, I think I am convinced I should take the "Launch 20ssv" off the back. I will elave the supra for sure, but I think it would look a little sleeker with the other gone. Thoughts?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/dusty2221/Supra1.jpg

TayTay
03-05-2010, 01:37 PM
You talkin like this??

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k301/TaylorAR/Boat/NoRear.jpg

dusty2221
03-05-2010, 03:10 PM
Yessir!

What do you think? Look better?

87SunSportMikeyD
03-05-2010, 03:22 PM
I didn't think it would matter - but 2nd is def cooler

cmtaylor777
03-05-2010, 04:33 PM
Dusty

Yup. yank em off.

I would then look at blacking everything else out. I like your logo the way it is. Black out everything else to tie it all in.

Just my opinion. I wish mine was your color.

dusty2221
03-05-2010, 04:46 PM
I've been trying to get in touch with my Powder h=guy since last week to see about getting the tower done.

Think I should also have the gas cap and the grab handles in the front done black also? Then the only chrome would be the popout cleats. Trailer wheels black also?

TayTay
03-05-2010, 05:29 PM
I like the way it looks. I think powder coating everything would be pretty nice.

sybrmike
03-05-2010, 07:31 PM
I thought about powder coating all the trim & rails, but have decided against it (although my tower will be black - if it ever shows up...). S/S looks timeless and holds up forever. Powder coat is tough, but not indestructable & hard to touch up dings - they're gonna happen. Whereas you can just polish the s/s. Mikey had pointed out that there's always gonna be some shiny metal (racks, lights, etc.). So to be really dramatic, I think everything would need blacked out.

FWIW, black gets real hot in the summer sun - black grab rails - OUCH! But I agree - black looks cool.

Oh yea, lose the rear stickers (I think I'm going to keep mine completely "naked")

Just my $.02

cmtaylor777
03-05-2010, 08:24 PM
Dusty,

Yes. I think that would look sick. Damn...I wish mine was black.

I just did 8 or so different designs on photobucket. Tell me which one you guys like. About to be posted.

Fman
03-05-2010, 09:01 PM
IMO either way the boat looks great, but between the two I prefer to have less decals and just the "SUPRA" logo.

cmtaylor777
03-05-2010, 09:12 PM
Yea I like the Supra decal. You should black out that windshield and tower. Everything else is pretty minor and may not be noticeable. Same for the wheels unless you plan on leaving it on the trailer. Screw that. Get that beauty in the water!
THIS IS EASY TO SAY WHEN I AM SPENDING YOUR MONEY. You can leave it the same and it would still be one of the best out there.

docdrs
03-05-2010, 10:23 PM
its all personal, and personally the more the better, but thats me, a nekked boat looks like its not finished to me...imo. but murdered out is a nice look

how well does the black pwder coat stand up with all the accessories on the tower?

KG's Supra24
03-06-2010, 05:00 PM
I have that same decal sitting in the garage trying to decide whether or not to put it on. I personally like it all black, especially if you tint the windows and pull it all together.

If you powder coat the tower, i think you have to do everything all the way down to the cleats and board racks. If your thinkng of going that route i think a flat black would look awesome. As cmtaylor777 said, though, its real easy spending your money!

I'm very jealous of the solid black .. i have two red stripes.

jonyb
03-07-2010, 04:50 AM
All this talk about how cool everything is when it's blacked out....

Have you guys not owned a black boat and left it in the sun? It's not cool.