PDA

View Full Version : looking at a 86 supra beast

c43amg
03-05-2010, 04:48 PM
Im looking at a 86 supra beast. the usual, rotted floor and stringers and a basket case on top of that, with title issues leans on parts being held by venders.
anyways, do they have the same hull as a sunsport of the same year? are the big blocks worth messing with? and im not a big fan of teak.
whats a nice one worth?
did they make them in 86?

csuggs
03-05-2010, 04:54 PM
I know that Supra made the Sunsport in 86 with either the 351W or 454 - but I didn't know it was called a Beast in 86. I always thought the Beast name referred to a big block Rider, which is the predecessor to the Sunsport. I believe the Rider and the Sunsport had the same hull.

c43amg
03-05-2010, 05:02 PM
I know that Supra made the Sunsport in 86 with either the 351W or 454 - but I didn't know it was called a Beast in 86. I always thought the Beast name referred to a big block Rider, which is the predecessor to the Sunsport. I believe the Rider and the Sunsport had the same hull.

well the title says sunsport, its a open bow, has a bigblock, and has beast in black letters on the side

csuggs
03-05-2010, 05:15 PM
OK - my 86 Sunsport manual does not refer to it as the "Beast" but that may not mean anything.

87SunSportMikeyD
03-05-2010, 05:51 PM
Beast is its own model. I'm not really sure if it would have a resoted value that a SunSport does though..

1981- Introduction of the Supra Sport, the first Supra boat. Development of the adjustable wake plate. Introduction of a rear ski locker.

1982- The new Supra Beast model is the first boat to have a big block engine. Supra Allegro was also introduced. First cuddy cabin inboard ski boat.

https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=208
Salty: i've heard of 'em, in fact my registration mistakenly lists my saltare as a beast.

this is my guess, i've seen one.....the original sunsport/launch design was taken from the beast. it looked like it was just shorter than 20 feet long and really sturdy. open bow with teak rails, everything looked rock solid like the difference between a checker cab and a regular cab. tall, thick gunnels and a high freeboard.

definitely worth taking a look at, a real head turner if you're into older models.

Coach: I have a supra beast. Kick ass wakeboard boat. 1987. Just put a new motor in it. 427 big block. Dyno at 490 hp. I have 600 pounds extra weight in it for wake and it dosen't even blink to get on plane. Get it! Late

beast 496
03-05-2010, 09:42 PM
I also have Beast. Closed bow, big block. Alot of teak. Original engine was 454, now 496 HO 425 hp. The hull bottom I am pretty sure the same as the Sunsport. 3 skegs, ride plate, Super Trapp exhaust. I will be posting some pics soon. I just layed a solid teak floor. Al

c43amg
03-06-2010, 08:11 PM
I also have Beast. Closed bow, big block. Alot of teak. Original engine was 454, now 496 HO 425 hp. The hull bottom I am pretty sure the same as the Sunsport. 3 skegs, ride plate, Super Trapp exhaust. I will be posting some pics soon. I just layed a solid teak floor. Al

Thats a good idea for the floor a few years back i was looking at a older malibu skier, i planed to lay plasteak teak and holly on the floor, it probably would have looked nice.