PDA

View Full Version : Windshield?

scotthons
03-05-2010, 06:10 PM
You guys have been incredibly helpful and I can not thank you enough. I have another question though. The center walkthrough portion of the windshield glass is broke. The frame is still intact. Is this something I need to order from Supra or do you think I can have a glass repair facility fix it? Supra quoted me $261 plus shipping to replace the entire piece including the frame.

This was for a '06 Launch 21V.

Okie Boarder
03-05-2010, 06:39 PM
If it is a flat piece of glass, a glass place can do it. I had to replace one of mine. You just need to make sure you pick the right color glass and the place I took it to had me make them a pattern out of cardboard.

Fman
03-05-2010, 09:04 PM
You guys have been incredibly helpful and I can not thank you enough. I have another question though. The center walkthrough portion of the windshield glass is broke. The frame is still intact. Is this something I need to order from Supra or do you think I can have a glass repair facility fix it? Supra quoted me $261 plus shipping to replace the entire piece including the frame.

This was for a '06 Launch 21V.

Try calling PCMA direct, they might be able to get you a better price... although $261 does not sound totally unreasonable. I am surprised Skiers Choice will sell you anything, usually they want you to go through the dealer. You can always call Jim Jackson at Viper Customs, he might be able to beat that price.