PDA

View Full Version : Prop Question

TayTay
03-07-2010, 09:16 PM
So I was reading the few threads about props and came up with some questions of my own. I usually dont have ALL the ballast full but remembering last summer, even when we have 8 or 9 people in the boat it seemed the boat was sluggish when weighed down. I just looked and I have a 14x18-1/2. Now from what I read that is more for top end... When I test drove the boat the guy had it going in the high 40's if I remember right. I dont need that, and what I have been told is these boats should top out in the low 40's. So if I want more "torque" I need to move to something like a 14x14 or something like that. I know FMAN said that he has the 14x14-1/2 "wakeboarding" prop. I think that is what I am looking for. So what do you guys think?

tg0824SSVGG
03-08-2010, 07:43 AM
TayTay,
I have the 14.25x14 "Wakeboarding" prop -- (actually I have 2 of them!). My boat
is a heavy sucker even when empty - and i get great hole shot with this, suffer a bit
at the top end, but I don't need that as often as I need the hole shot.

All the lakes around here have a speed limit of 40 anyway ---

I would say you do need the other prop. I know KO1 has several different props,
and he will swap them depending on his plan for the day. When he wants to "go fast"
he puts on that prop, and so on.

Todd

87SunSportMikeyD
03-11-2010, 01:06 PM
Call JT at Nettleprops.com and they can give you advice and a great deal and support.