PDA

View Full Version : Boat lift info

docholiday-
03-08-2010, 08:00 PM
Hey all,
Moved back to the lake and inherited a boat lift at the new house. It was used to hold a deck boat larger/heavier than mine. I am looking for someone who has an '08 22 SSV who can get me some pics, dimensions, etc. of the rails holding the boat, etc. so I can modify the lift so that it will hold my boat correctly.

I would use my trailer as a template, but it and the boat are still in storage and I'd like to get a head start on modding the lift.

thanks all!

Here's to spring getting here!

-doc

docdrs
03-08-2010, 09:06 PM
heres mine, easy to mod, i had an outback dd before

87SunSportMikeyD
03-09-2010, 10:41 AM
I did some calling around and depending on what company made it and what type of lift, you can usually buy bow-to-stearn bunks as opposed to side-to-side bunks that many lifts have.

docholiday-
03-11-2010, 06:34 PM
Thanks for the input from all,

Got my trailer back already(sooner than i thought), so i'm using that as the template.

For what it's worth, for a 2009 22SSV(i accidentally put 2008 in the orig. ques.), it looks like the beams/bunks should be @ 36" apart, and be 15" above any horizontal supports for clearance for the bottom fins/prop/etc.

later
-doc

87SunSportMikeyD
03-11-2010, 06:47 PM
On my lift we opted to leave the side-to-side bunks and simply raise them up high enough to pass the tracking fins which would catch on the square frame. Lets see your lift! Or describe