PDA

View Full Version : Window Tint ... Price

KG's Supra24
03-09-2010, 03:14 PM
For those of you that have priced this .. What is the cost? I assumed my vehicle cost around 150 so the boat would be 100'ish?

The local dealer referred the place they outsource all their boats to. Well he qouted me $450 and said he would do it for $400. Said that the 24 windshield is harder than most to do due to the angle and dash and that they have to pull the windows out.

All of that is fine and I understand but the price seems way high. Am i just wishful thinking? Have yall paid that much?

docdrs
03-09-2010, 03:52 PM
Pretty sure Fman just did this mod, give hime a shout

Fman
03-09-2010, 04:23 PM
For those of you that have priced this .. What is the cost? I assumed my vehicle cost around 150 so the boat would be 100'ish?

The local dealer referred the place they outsource all their boats to. Well he qouted me $450 and said he would do it for $400. Said that the 24 windshield is harder than most to do due to the angle and dash and that they have to pull the windows out.

All of that is fine and I understand but the price seems way high. Am i just wishful thinking? Have yall paid that much?

I paid $300 to have my 22V done, so $400 sounds about right for a 24. Just make sure they know what they are doing. Ask for some pictures of other boats with a similiar window style to Supra (PCMA makes the window for Supra, Sanger, and a few other wakeboard boats). It took three different shops to finally find someone that knew what they are doing. The Supra has a very difficult window to tint. I highly recommend removing the windows from the boat and removing the frames from the window, it will make a quality job if you do it this way. Check out my thread in the "mods" section I explain how to do it, not a difficult task.

Most of the problems I had before I found the shop that completed it was light gaps, fingers in the corner, and excessive air bubbles from dust particles. I am pretty particular about things, so maybe I was a difficult customer???? :cool: I went with Llumar 35%.

Good luck!

KG's Supra24
03-09-2010, 04:56 PM
I wouldnt call you a difficult customer at all. I will be the same way.

This is the shop that Supra recommended and its the shop that does all their tint as well as boat wraps. He said they have done plenty of them.

I am going to look into taking the windows out myself. When i asked him what cost so much he said it was them taking out the windows. Said he could work a deal with me if i wanted to just bring the windows down, already taken out of the boat.

You act like this is easy? It shouldnt be more then several screws in each window. I think i might go that route depending on how much cost he will cut out. I'll check out your post in the "mod" section.

I am wanting to go a little darker. He said they often use a 18% that looks pretty good. I'll likely go that route.

Disappointing news that it cost that much but i guess it is what it is. From the boats i have seen, it def looks good!

Fman
03-09-2010, 11:19 PM
I think its a great upgrade, the 18% was a little dark for me, I spend a lot of time on the water in the late evening and early morning. The darker tints make it a little difficult to see in dusk conditions, but I think all the shades look nice, just a matter of preference.

If Skiers Choice uses them you are probably in good hands, I would just set your expectations of what you want before they start on them (ie: no fingers, light gaps, bubbles, etc..). And to remove the frames from the windows BE CAREFUL, its tempered glass and if you bend it at all it will shatter. There are rivets that need to be drilled out along with some phillip screws. Use a rubber mallot and a piece of wood to gently break the window from the frame, just take your time. I called PCMA windows and they told me not to remove the end cap pieces on the side windows, they are VERY difficult to get back on, just the top and bottom frames. And the center window should not require anything to be removed, its a pretty easy tint on that one. To re-install them use some soapy solution to get the frames to slide back on the windows.

Post up some pics when you get it finished :-)

justin146
03-10-2010, 10:21 AM
It got a quote of $50 to have mine tinted, but my boat is a Comp.