PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Intro

RanceOU
03-10-2010, 10:34 AM
Hello everyone,
I wanted to introduce myself; I just picked up my 09 21V Launch from the dealer so I can officially pay the new member price and post some pics. I am originally from Tulsa, OK and recently moved to Maryville, TN (large reason for being a proud owner of a Supra). Like I said I am new to the area and there seems to be an endless amount lakes close by so any help on good places to ride/party would be great so I can cut down on the exploring time. I know to try and avoid Loudon because of the crowds so I think I will probably spend most of my time at Tellico with the occasional trip to Norris but suggestions are more then welcome. My boat is pretty much stock other then the Roswell bar and the JL 12/Tidal amp. After testing everything yesterday it is very obvious that the tower speakers and the sub are WAY under powered, I am almost getting as much bass out of the coaxials as I am the JL 12 but I will start a new thread for that. Thanks and see you on the lake!

thescott
03-10-2010, 11:16 AM
Sweet boat! Welcome to the forums!

dusty2221
03-10-2010, 12:06 PM
Nice boat! Welcome to the forum.

RanceOU
03-10-2010, 12:22 PM
Thanks guys!

docdrs
03-10-2010, 12:31 PM
Awesome ride, I like it alot :cool:

jonyb
03-10-2010, 12:40 PM
Nice boat... Looks similar to the one that zdecals did the 1/2 wrap on, except the hull and deck were black.

Look around on here, there's several threads about replacing the amps and other components. I've changed the stereo twice on 24SSV Gravity Games boat. The first change was XS-650's in the OEM cans, an extra amp and different subs, and now it's all Wet Sounds with 4 amps, a 3-Some on the tower, and 2 12"XXX subs.

Hit us up if you need any help with it.

Okie Boarder
03-10-2010, 12:40 PM
Welcome. That's a pretty nice looking boat.

iwakeboard
03-10-2010, 02:16 PM
Rance, welcome to the forums. I live in Alcoa, and work in Maryville, but I hail from Lenoir City/Loudon so I know the area pretty well. Tellico is really good for a sunrise/sunset shred, but at the height of summer it has its fair share of tubers, cruisers (Tellico Village is a giant retirement community basically) and lake-roaches. Loudon, which spills into Tellico, gets a bad rep, but considering how long the Tennessee River/Lake Loudon is you can almost always find good water somewhere on it. I've always had good luck launching around Northshore and riding out in that area, it's not as popular as around downtown or towards Lenoir City. I mostly ride out on Tellico though, I launch in the Lenoir City park and stay out that way. There are a few nestled away coves that are great for riding there, one is hidden away past a low bridge, so no cruisers are in there pulling their tubes.

You should also check out www.knoxwake.com for the local scene, this area probably has one of the best wake-scene's in the country as far as events go, and the Pro Tour ends here this year as well. The forums are dead right now, I suppose from the off-season, but post up there and get involved.

Fman
03-10-2010, 09:55 PM
Hey, welcome! All these nice lookin' Supra boats are popping up here! Thats great, I wish some of you would move out to the West coast so I could see some on the lakes out here!!!!

That green/black combo definitely pops.... great lookin boat!

Tim405
03-11-2010, 09:36 AM
Welcome Rance!
You sure you're an Okie??? I mean I was born in Tulsa and live in Arcadia...and using that as basis for expertise on Okies - I do not see a trolling motor on that boat... What gives Brotha?!?!? LMAO
Kiddin - Super killer boat! "Nice Clark, Real Nice!"

cmtaylor777
03-11-2010, 09:53 AM
Welcome! great boat. Nice job.

RanceOU
03-11-2010, 10:03 AM
Tim,
LOL, I guess i should have posted pic's of the john boat too huh! Good times!

RanceOU
03-11-2010, 10:06 AM
Rance, welcome to the forums. I live in Alcoa, and work in Maryville, but I hail from Lenoir City/Loudon so I know the area pretty well. Tellico is really good for a sunrise/sunset shred, but at the height of summer it has its fair share of tubers, cruisers (Tellico Village is a giant retirement community basically) and lake-roaches. Loudon, which spills into Tellico, gets a bad rep, but considering how long the Tennessee River/Lake Loudon is you can almost always find good water somewhere on it. I've always had good luck launching around Northshore and riding out in that area, it's not as popular as around downtown or towards Lenoir City. I mostly ride out on Tellico though, I launch in the Lenoir City park and stay out that way. There are a few nestled away coves that are great for riding there, one is hidden away past a low bridge, so no cruisers are in there pulling their tubes.

You should also check out www.knoxwake.com for the local scene, this area probably has one of the best wake-scene's in the country as far as events go, and the Pro Tour ends here this year as well. The forums are dead right now, I suppose from the off-season, but post up there and get involved.

Thanks for all the info, I will be making it out for a Thursday throw down at WW to see what it's all about. I didn't have a clue what all went on around here but knoxwake has shown me the light, lol. This should be an awesome summer!

iwakeboard
03-11-2010, 10:59 AM
Thanks for all the info, I will be making it out for a Thursday throw down at WW to see what it's all about. I didn't have a clue what all went on around here but knoxwake has shown me the light, lol. This should be an awesome summer!

It's always a good time, great weekly event to attend. I'll probably go alot more often this summer since they've trimmed down the dates of Sundown in the City on Thursdays.

RanceOU
03-11-2010, 11:12 AM
It's always a good time, great weekly event to attend. I'll probably go alot more often this summer since they've trimmed down the dates of Sundown in the City on Thursdays.

Yea the wife has already "expressed intrest" in the Sundown in the city so i'm sure I will know what that is all about soon enough.

87SunSportMikeyD
03-11-2010, 12:42 PM
Dang hope you have a drool-towel handy!!! More pics, more pics (chanting)! LOL@ trolling motor line.

SZEH
03-11-2010, 03:55 PM
Rance...congrats of the boat. I actually went to the factory took the tour and saw my boat under construction. Pretty cool process. We've loved our 21V. The boat does everything well. ENJOY!!!

Scott

jasonba1
03-11-2010, 05:55 PM
ranceOU welcome to the forum and the area. Great looking boat. I help out with all of the events that knoxwake puts on and very involved in the local scene here in knoxville. If I can ever be any help give me a shout look forard to meeting and seeing you soon.We just had are kick off knoxwake meeting last week about all of the up comping events espically wildwing we should be riding on thursday out there around middle to the end of april. Come out and ride with us. Also boomsday is our biggest event where we setup pulls downtown knoxville and put on a competition this year we have a few suprises up our sleeves I think that will blow everyone away. Also the final stop of the PWT is in knoxville this year in august so if you or anyone else needs tickets hit me up we already have some to give out Please feel free to email or call me anytime 865-850-4995 or [email protected]