PDA

View Full Version : BILIGE PUMP

SUPRA LIZZARD
05-05-2004, 02:56 AM
MY BILIGE PUMP WONT TURN ON THE LIGHT ON THE SWITCH JUST STAYS ON AT ALL TIMES

gotigers
05-06-2004, 08:56 PM
It sound like you have a bilge pump with a float switch and the switch is working but your pump is not. I have had some bilge pump problems so I feel your pain. On my boat the two components are mounted together but the pump will twist counter clock wise and pop right up. Unhook the hose and and wires. You may want to check the wiring out. I think both components are hooked to the ground wire together, so there is a chance that is your problem. Usually if the pump is messed up it will trip the breaker. The pump is so cheap I would just buy a new one anyway.

good luck
02 ssv

delbert
05-07-2004, 12:22 PM
I would be interested in the solution as well. My bildge stopped working along with the blower. My blower light remains on. I did test the bildge via wire and battery everything worked fine (bilge and float). I believe it has to be the dash switch, a ground issue, or a bad connection. I hope to get time to look at this over the weekend but would appreciate input if someone knows what the problem is.

delbert
05-10-2004, 10:04 AM
Was out on the lake in another boat instead of fixing mine. I will post an update when I get a chance to look at it.

SUPRA LIZZARD
05-12-2004, 12:10 AM
had some plastic chunks stuck in the pump burnt it out. I will replace it this weekend