PDA

View Full Version : Presales Questions

DrunkLivnOnLake
03-11-2010, 09:58 AM
1) 2007 22 Sunsport, is it easy/possible to replace the long cooler and small understep coolers? One I've seen has bad rust stains.

2) If I bought a 2007, do used buyers get the remainder of any factory warranty, is this 5 years from orig purchase?

3) Should I totally avoid a boat that seems to have gotten quite a bit of rain allowed in it over its short life. Carpet is a bit musty smelling and brackets holding ballast compartment lids show sign of some rust. Maybe all it needs is a bit of tlc, replacing some brackets and clamps, and dry storage.

87SunSportMikeyD
03-11-2010, 12:59 PM
Are the coolers metal or plastic? You may be able to remove rust stains with some CLR or other rust removing cleaner.

I would call skiers choice and ask about warranty. Ask for customer service and Anthony should be able to help.

Your boat should be 100% wood free. Many people use pressure washers inside the boat to clean the carpet. It can get wet. Lets see a pic!

michael hunter
03-14-2010, 12:49 PM
What you see is a indication of how the boat was taken care of. If the exterior has been neglected then the mechanical and other systems have probubly not been maintained ether. Depending on price and your ability to repair it might be OK.

Fman
03-14-2010, 03:14 PM
That cooler is all fiberglass, other than the hinges and hardware, can you post up some pictures of where the rust stains are? I agree with Michael, if the cooler is rusty then other parts of the boat were probably not taken care of.... be cautious, there is always another boat available somewhere else.

WadsworthSunsport22V
03-14-2010, 06:48 PM
1) 2007 22 Sunsport, is it easy/possible to replace the long cooler and small understep coolers? One I've seen has bad rust stains.

2) If I bought a 2007, do used buyers get the remainder of any factory warranty, is this 5 years from orig purchase?

3) Should I totally avoid a boat that seems to have gotten quite a bit of rain allowed in it over its short life. Carpet is a bit musty smelling and brackets holding ballast compartment lids show sign of some rust. Maybe all it needs is a bit of tlc, replacing some brackets and clamps, and dry storage.

The original warranty for the 2007s are for one year. However, during the boat show 2007 incentives, Supra did offer a three year tip to stern warranty as an option to choose. You should call Skiers Choice with the hull number to see if that boat had the tip to stern option when sold. Indmar has a three warranty on their 2007 engines separate from Supra.

87SunSportMikeyD
03-15-2010, 11:48 AM
Hang on, the coolers are made to hold icewater and be wet. I would not think they would rust... These are things that are supossed to get wet. Hinges too should be stainless. Are you sure they are indicators that the boat has been left in the rain? Just wanting to confirm that it was really left in the rain or if you are just suspecting. Good luck and pics would sure help!