PDA

View Full Version : LEAKING BALLAST ??? WHERE IS IT

WAKEMEUP
05-08-2004, 06:51 PM
Just used my 04 ssv for the second time and the ballast is leaking on the drivers side rear...checked the fittings on the bag and the fittings that go into the bag and they are tight, also removed the bag and filled it with a garden hose and no leaks there either....the problem is once the bag is full and the fill switch is off the bag slowley starts to drain but I can not tell where,my bilge will kick on because of the leak.....any ideas????? thanks

jflock2
05-10-2004, 10:06 AM
When you filled it with the garden hose, did you fill it all the way up? Mine leaked when they were full - it was easier to spot with the pressure on it...

BigWaveDave
05-12-2004, 02:11 PM
My 04 SSV cam from the factory missing the front bag plug causing the same issues, plus my bags leak at the seams when full.

suprarider
05-17-2004, 12:40 PM
We have an 02 SSV that just started leaking this season, both sides in the back.
I'm going to try replacing the little black garden hose seal to see if that helps, I'm getting tired of sopping up excess water from the carpet, anyone have any solutions yet? thanks

WAKEMEUP
05-23-2004, 01:40 PM
Found the leak.... There was a broken fitting on the drain pump leaking into the engine compartment...replaced the pump and all is good.

JRL766
06-07-2004, 09:42 PM
I just bought a 2002 SSV and I also noticed that all the bags had horrible mildew on them, in the bags, and around the bags. I took everything apart and noticed that the front bag had a split in the seam. I used some silicon sealer, I hope that works. Is it common for these bags to leak. Do you always get mildew around them. What is the best way to take care of them to not leak and create mildew.

The compartments are horrible, i have alot of work ahead of me!

02LaunchSSV
06-16-2004, 06:17 PM
I too, have an 02 SSV, that I bought brand new, and on this past Memorial Day weekend, all 3 ballast bags began leaking. The two in the rear by the V-drive, completely ripped and I mean a 5+ inch hole now on the seams. I managed to seal the center one up before it ripped any further. As of that weekend, I only had 40.1 hrs on the boat and felt this was rediculous to have such a problem with these limited hours. Called and spoke with Les in the warranty department and was told to have a dealer send in a warranty claim and they may be replaced. WELL, the nearest dealer is 2.5-3.0 hours away from me and was told to bring the boat in. YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Haul my boat 3 hours in one direction for plastic bag just so you can see it and hell, the bags aren't even in it anymore. They're laying in my garage! After many phone calls on my part and none on SUPRA'S, I've still yet to resolve this problem and feel I should not have to visit a dealer to solve such a simple issue. I offered to take pictures of hr meter and mail bags at my cost to SUPRA. NO ANSWER. In the meantime, I've continue to call and have been put through to RON in customer service..................RON???????????????? Have no idea of his last name and at this point could care less! I now have 63 hours on the boat and have been using Launch Pads in reserve. As of today, 6/16/04, I've made 14 phone calls, and 5 of those in the last two days. I feel SUPRA is just leading me on and could give damn less about those of us who have spent $40,000+ on a boat. They got their money, laughing all the way to the bank! I've had my local MALIBU dealer doing all my service/warranty work on the INDMAR engine but out of luck when it comes to SUPRA parts themselves. Wouldn't wish my problem or yours on anybody and until SUPRA decides to call me, will be showing due respect to them by pointing other boarders in my area, Columbia, S.C., to Malibu, Mastercraft and Ski Nautique. Pretty sad when the competition in this area is far superior when it comes to actually answering or returning phone calls on a boat they have no knowledge of!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jflock2
06-28-2004, 05:43 PM
Shitty story...sorry to hear that. The dealer should FEDEX you new sacks and ask you to put the damaged ones in the box to send back to the dealer. Seems logical to me...especially since your boat is so new. For what its worth, this is a very common problem. Run a search on wakeboarder.com, there are other options out there. PM me if you need more detail.

jflock2
06-28-2004, 05:43 PM
Shitty story...sorry to hear that. The dealer should FEDEX you new sacks and ask you to put the damaged ones in the box to send back to the dealer. Seems logical to me...especially since your boat is so new. For what its worth, this is a very common problem. Run a search on wakeboarder.com, there are other options out there. PM me if you need more detail.