PDA

View Full Version : Resetting Service Engine Prompt???

Fman
03-17-2010, 12:05 AM
I have my boat at a stereo shop right now getting the HSE/WS-420/I-pod docking station installed. I got a call today from the installer and they are having problems trying to get the HSE sync'd with the Indmar engine. He has installed many of these on MC's, Malibu's, etc.... and cant seem to figure out why he cant tap into the correct wire. He has never installed one on a Supra before, and now informed me the Check engine prompt is on when the ignition is turned on. Great, this is usually what happens when I take my boat or car in to get something done!!! I do trust him and tomorrow he is going to call Indmar and HSE to figure out what is going on.

I changed my impeller last month and had to bump start the engine and there was no Service engine light coming on, so I am assuming he triggered the prompt to come on somehow when installing the HSE.

Does anyone know how to reset the ce prompt so I dont have to take it down to the dealer? I am going to have him ask Indmar tomorrow if his install could have triggered the ce prompt, I can only assume it did because last month it was not on and I have not used the boat at all this winter.

And if anyone is currently using the HSE could you chime in and let me know what wire you tapped in on the ignition to use with the HSE.

Thanks!

Gravity08
03-17-2010, 01:21 PM
HSE? I'm lost.

thescott
03-17-2010, 02:03 PM
I'm not familiar with the installation process for the HSE...
I've been told that if you cycle the ignition several times, the computer will eventually run through the diagnostics again and if there is no issue the error should go away. Haven't tried this and have NO idea if it works.
Indmar should be able to help your shop guy w/ this.

Have him contact Larry Engelbert. He's been super responsive to any question I've had in the past.

email: lengelbert at indmar dot com
Phone: 901-353-9930

Fman
03-17-2010, 05:51 PM
I'm not familiar with the installation process for the HSE...
I've been told that if you cycle the ignition several times, the computer will eventually run through the diagnostics again and if there is no issue the error should go away. Haven't tried this and have NO idea if it works.
Indmar should be able to help your shop guy w/ this.

Have him contact Larry Engelbert. He's been super responsive to any question I've had in the past.

email: lengelbert at indmar dot com
Phone: 901-353-9930

HSE is the sound revolution, it automatically adjusts the volume in the boat when you come to an idle when picking up a skier, and then when you rengage throttle it will bring the music back up to the level you have it set at. Its really cool.

Good news, all is well, scott you nailed it, he had cycled the engine on/off to test the HSE and it caused a check engine prompt. Turned off the batteries and its gone now, and the HSE is installed and good to go. I will post up some pics, they did a great job on the install.