PDA

View Full Version : NW Tune Session - Sunday 21st

Brianinpdx
03-17-2010, 07:11 PM
Guys - Some of you might have read about this on the moomba boards but I thought I'd post up over here as well. There has been a lot of interest in a Tek session for audio tune ups and such as well as just finding an excuse to get everyone together on a weekend for a gathering. This even is low key, not a brand specific thing... just good ole information for guys that want it. Exile Audio will be hosting it at our facility. We want to limit it to the moomba / supra crowd so things dont get carried away.

Time: noon
Agenda below. If you want to attend, PM me and I'll give you directions and address information as we need to get an accurate headcount.

Final agenda looks like this... Hope to see ya there!

12:00 – 1:00 “Arrive”
Snacks and quick eats are provided by Exile. Get together 1 on 1 with guys that are in the know. Meet fellow Moomba / Supra owners from the NW.

12:30 – 1:00 “Boat Care 101”
Meguiar’s senior product trainers will offer us a hands on lesson in haul care and maintenance. Terry has over 15 years with Meguiar’s and is no stranger to the marine environment. Everyone can learn a good deal from him!

1:00 – 1:30 “Audio System Tuning”
Jason Krantiz of KingPing Audio was voted America’s top 10 custom audio designers by mobile electronics magazine. He is an expert in the area’s of custom fabrication, powerflow charging systems, and extreme audio system design.

1:30 – 2:00 “HLCD’s versus other cans”
Brian Kelsey of Exile will go over the basics of audio speaker performance and real world differences between design technology. He’ll do some hands on listening and transducer break downs to really show you what going on from the inside out.

2:00 – 2:30 “Marine Enclosures”
Gordon Sphinx of Sub Zero demos the design and build of subwoofer enclosure systems tailored to skier choice hull designs. With over 20 years enclosure building experience, Gordon will host a great question and answer session for the group.

2:30 – 3:00 “Sound Checks outside”
First hand looks at your setups. Specific Q & A as it applies to what’s going on in your ride.

Seeya!

TayTay
03-17-2010, 11:36 PM
I wish I could make that, that sounds like a pretty awesome little get together. That's a 3.5-ish hour drive for me though.

Diggs
03-19-2010, 10:53 AM
Hmm cool. Brian, do you care if non-supra/moomba owners go as well? I posted it up on pdxwake. Get on there and throw out the word.

Brianinpdx
03-19-2010, 09:25 PM
digs - no problem. Just have to buy some more BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER. and i can do that. :)

Diggs
03-19-2010, 11:04 PM
I got two other Supra owners in, so at least three peeps. That may grow. Will PM you

jonyb
03-20-2010, 01:05 AM
Have my airplane ticket ready for me at will call Brain, I'll be right over :D

Brianinpdx
03-20-2010, 01:59 AM
John! Your welcome to come out anytime. With the amount of guys out here on the water we could even get you out on a few of the rivers!

Only difference here in the NW, is we don't have water moccasin snakes floating down the rivers. Haha!

hows that Moomba install coming along?

-Brian
@ Exile

jonyb
03-20-2010, 02:08 AM
I'd love to, but when I'm not at my full-time job, I'm buried in the shop.

Got a good start on it the other night. Bow speakers are cut out and mounted, tower speakers were mounted but not wired. I sent J some pics to make sure that's where he wanted them. I'm gonna make some more adjustments and run those by him before I drill the holes for speaker wires. Batteries, chargers, and all the Stinger accessories arrived yesterday. I'll probably finish the towers and rear speakers before moving into the console for the amps. I think I'm gonna have to remove the side panels to cut the speakers out. The 2 forward ones are partially covered by the panels so the existing holes may need to be adjusted.

All the product looks pretty awesome so far. I haven't dug the amps out yet, but the speakers do look pretty good. He should be calling you about some grills. 1 of the exposed grills was cracked so I let him know so he could try to get another pair.

Brianinpdx
03-20-2010, 12:05 PM
John - no no no no. you got it all wrong. measure twice cut three times. ok, wait, thats not right. sounds good on the install. I'll ship some grilles out on monday. No sweat.

peace!

-Brian
@ Exile

Diggs
03-21-2010, 07:52 PM
Good event today Brian. Thanks! Oh yeah and thanks for the beers!

Brianinpdx
03-27-2010, 04:11 AM
Hey Guys -

Here's some video links to the TechTune session. 40 or so people came and there was a lot of good information. I forewarn you, its about 40 mins of video. Enjoy

-Brian
@ Exile Audio

Exile TechTune P1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nn4eGY9UwY)

Exile TechTune P2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAXL0r7vyB8)

Exile TechTune P3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT0XpSf9KKM)

Exile TechTune P4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlwE86Qij2c)

Exile TechTune P5 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1rorUVujiE)