PDA

View Full Version : 1984 Supra Beast

jflock2
05-12-2004, 10:13 PM
Anyone ever heard anything about this boat? Could this be a good wakeboard conversion boat?

Salty87
05-13-2004, 01:35 PM
i bet it would make a hell of a wake maker. the hull is fairly small, not too wide with alot of freeboard. so it sould be easy to carry wieght and not too hard to sink it a bit.

one way to find out....get a pull

suckmywake
05-13-2004, 03:03 PM
I've only seen 1 and it was a big boat. I can't imagine that it wouldn't be good. I have/just sold an 87 Sunsport and it threw a great wake w/o any help.

fixb52s
05-13-2004, 09:22 PM
I have an 84 Rider. It shares the basic hull and powertrain with the Beast. I think it will make an excellent boat for your needs. I am currently rebuilding mine (stringers), but did have it out since I bought it. The wake seemed better (to myself and an avid wakeboarder) than a buddies Air Nautique 210 with his sacks filled. And this was with no weight, just a full fuel tank.

Check the condition of the floor and stringers!!! They are known (as I also found out) to rot. Even though I am putting some $ in it, I feel it will be up to par with a new boat without the price tag.

Mike