PDA

View Full Version : GG Wiring Diagram

wjsss1
05-20-2004, 03:15 PM
I just purchased the Mako light/speaker combo that is on the Gravity Games boat. Does anyone know how I can get my hands on the wiring diagram that Supra uses for the GG? The factory hasn't been much help.

mygreenmonster.com
05-21-2004, 08:30 AM
What kind of information do you need. Did MAKO give you identification of which two wires go to which lights? If you know which wires go to which lights, then I might be able to help give you an idea of how they wired it. The two lights that face forward should have a total of 4 wires, 2 pos and 2 neg. Connect the two positive wires together to a 2-way switch. Connect the other end of the 2 way switch to the positive power source wire that most of your switches are connected to (probably near the fuse box). Label that switch "Front Lights". I don't remember if the ground runs through the switch or if you just connect the wires to a common ground. But is should be easy to figure out.

You should have 3 rear facing lights and a respective 3 positive and 3 negative wires. Connect those in parallel and get another 2-way switch that you could label "Rear Lights" that your 3 positive wires will connect to. Run another wire from the 2-way switch to the power source wire and do the proper grounding of the other 3 negative wires. That is it.

This leaves you with two new 2-way switches for the front and rear lights.

I hope this helps. I am basing what I described off of my mako tower light bar. Sorry if your bar is a different model and has a different number of wires.

Good luck,
Bryon

jdaugherty5
05-21-2004, 12:53 PM
Contact Mako and ask them for it.
Mako Industries
Tel. 760.489.4404
Fax 760.489.4424
email: [email protected]
www.mako-ind.com

Their wiring diagram indicates that you will need to use two relays. One relay supplies Juice to the front lights and the other relay the rear lights. The deck switches are then used to turn on and off the relays. Mako was even willing to send us the relays. Instead we were able to convince the dealership that is was in their best interest to replace the switches and wire the lights according to Mako's wiring diagram.

What happened with our boat was we first picked up our 03 SSV from the dealer, the lights are usually dealer installed, they had wired the lights up to two deck switches one was used for the front lights and the other the rear. On our first time out, that night after work, we were using the lights and melted the deck switches, with the wonderful smell of burning plastic.

Jeff

BigWaveDave
05-21-2004, 01:31 PM
So my dealer ordered the gravity games switches and bezel for me with the harness. Everything was around a $160. I am waiting for the speakers and lights now. How much did the lights and speakers run you as they haven't given me a price on that?

wjsss1
05-21-2004, 05:03 PM
Thanks for all the help! BWD - it's about $1500.