PDA

View Full Version : Got out today!

iwakeboard
03-21-2010, 12:01 AM
Got her out today! Ran her around the lake to make sure everything was working correctly. I replaced a raw water pump at the end of last season that had a failed bearing that leaked and with the new one the boat temp stayed alot lower, which was nice to see. Took a couple of pics, wished I would have brought more people and some boards, had butter

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii171/codylfarmer/1473f205.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii171/codylfarmer/4a80302f.jpg

michael hunter
03-21-2010, 09:12 AM
Good deal . What was the temp water and air? I am starting on some maintenance projects now. I wont dewinterize untill mid April we can still go below freezing here. As soon as the weather gets to 70 in down state IL. we will kickoff the season at Clinton lake. Its nuke powered with 80 degree water.

iwakeboard
03-21-2010, 10:27 AM
Good deal . What was the temp water and air? I am starting on some maintenance projects now. I wont dewinterize untill mid April we can still go below freezing here. As soon as the weather gets to 70 in down state IL. we will kickoff the season at Clinton lake. Its nuke powered with 80 degree water.

It was 70 degrees, didn't catch the water temp but I generally follow the rule of 100, if the water temp + air temp = 100 or greater then you must ride! haha It's a high of 50 today, but the rest of the week is in the 60's. Hope to actually ride next weekend, work/school permitting.

michael hunter
03-21-2010, 12:45 PM
Iwake
That's a hard rule. Around here you can easily have a 65 degree day and still have 35 degree water. Even with a wetsuit its no fun in water below 60.

RanceOU
03-21-2010, 08:29 PM
I put in on Telico yesterday and it was a bit windy, still nice to be out thou. If you ever need people to fill up the boat let me know. I would like to cruise around with sombody that knows the lakes around here, i was a nervous wreck with all of the crazy depth changes. New boat + New lake = heartburn haha.

iwakeboard
03-21-2010, 10:37 PM
I put in on Telico yesterday and it was a bit windy, still nice to be out thou. If you ever need people to fill up the boat let me know. I would like to cruise around with sombody that knows the lakes around here, i was a nervous wreck with all of the crazy depth changes. New boat + New lake = heartburn haha.

Rance, that's exactly where I was yesterday, around 12:30 till 2. When were you out? I'll have to get your info from you soon, always looking for people to ride with. We'll probably go out there this weekend to, you can usually expect to see around a 70 foot depth, but there are a few places that get more shallow.

KG's Supra24
03-22-2010, 12:04 AM
I finally got out this weekend too! Terrible weather, though. We had a race against the storm to get a couple hours in and lost. Oh well, I was dying to get it out as i just got it in December and just to get it out and running, as well as testing out the system installed last weekend, was well worth it. Ready for next weekend, plan on doing some riding.

A couple pics .. we got soaked ..

RanceOU
03-22-2010, 09:17 AM
Rance, that's exactly where I was yesterday, around 12:30 till 2. When were you out? I'll have to get your info from you soon, always looking for people to ride with. We'll probably go out there this weekend to, you can usually expect to see around a 70 foot depth, but there are a few places that get more shallow.

It was Saturday around 2 when we hit the lake. I put in off of 411 but I can’t remember the name of the ramp (there were more horse trailers parked at the ramp then boat trailers).

iwakeboard
03-22-2010, 09:21 AM
It was Saturday around 2 when we hit the lake. I put in off of 411 but I can’t remember the name of the ramp (there were more horse trailers parked at the ramp then boat trailers).

Ahh ok, yea I was on the Lenoir City end near the Bluffs, looks like you were more towards Vonore and the Sea Ray plant I don't believe I've ever went that far down river. Usually as far as I go is the opening to Rarity Bay near the golf course, I have a friend who lives back in there past the low bridge. There is also a really cool island around there with a bluff you can jump off of, alot of people camp there and I've played paintball on it, alot of fun :grin:

87SunSportMikeyD
03-22-2010, 09:49 AM
Rance - Man what a nice boat! Thanks for the addition to my rotating screen saver!

RanceOU
03-22-2010, 12:02 PM
Rance - Man what a nice boat! Thanks for the addition to my rotating screen saver!

Thanks and no Prob!

RanceOU
03-22-2010, 12:35 PM
Ahh ok, yea I was on the Lenoir City end near the Bluffs, looks like you were more towards Vonore and the Sea Ray plant I don't believe I've ever went that far down river. Usually as far as I go is the opening to Rarity Bay near the golf course, I have a friend who lives back in there past the low bridge. There is also a really cool island around there with a bluff you can jump off of, alot of people camp there and I've played paintball on it, alot of fun :grin:

Do you ever go up to Norris and if so what marina and a map to butter:grin:. From the looks of the map up there should be good riding everywhere. The only bad thing is an hour drive there and back which I guess isn't bad but I am just being impatient. Lenoir City Park will be my next launch, where we launched before was a show case of Extra Medium sized houses with Extra Medium sized boats docked out front so warning bells went off.

iwakeboard
03-22-2010, 01:05 PM
Do you ever go up to Norris and if so what marina and a map to butter:grin:. From the looks of the map up there should be good riding everywhere. The only bad thing is an hour drive there and back which I guess isn't bad but I am just being impatient. Lenoir City Park will be my next launch, where we launched before was a show case of Extra Medium sized houses with Extra Medium sized boats docked out front so warning bells went off.

I usually launch at the dam and go out from there, I don't really know the good hidden butter spots up there but I'm sure someone may be able to chime in with good info. I usually stay down here, but went up to Norris last year for Fire on the Water.