PDA

View Full Version : Brostock 2010

KG's Supra24
03-24-2010, 10:54 AM
After reading a previous post about the possible location of Brostock, I had to try to find out for myself. I called the local Supra dealer and basically he said:

It has not been officially released but it looks like it will be in Arkansas. The original plan (of having it on my home lake, lake Ouachita, which would have been amazing!) isn't working out but its looking like it will be at Bull Shoals.

So I basically have a rumor but figure it holds some value coming from a dealer. It also adds to the rumor that someone else had mentioned. Bull Shoals is on the Arkansas/Missouri border, in the Ozark mountians. It's no Lake Powell but it should be nice.

If it is at the location, anyone from here planning on going?

tg0824SSVGG
03-24-2010, 11:40 AM
I also saw something about it being at Bull Shoals, but they aren't approved yet.

Lake Powell told them not to come back due to "bad" behavior -- not sure
how the Bull Shoals people feel about that...

iwakeboard
03-24-2010, 11:41 AM
After reading a previous post about the possible location of Brostock, I had to try to find out for myself. I called the local Supra dealer and basically he said:

It has not been officially released but it looks like it will be in Arkansas. The original plan (of having it on my home lake, lake Ouachita, which would have been amazing!) isn't working out but its looking like it will be at Bull Shoals.

So I basically have a rumor but figure it holds some value coming from a dealer. It also adds to the rumor that someone else had mentioned. Bull Shoals is on the Arkansas/Missouri border, in the Ozark mountians. It's no Lake Powell but it should be nice.

If it is at the location, anyone from here planning on going?

Not going to go to Arkansas, but I'd heard the same thing on WW, that it was going to be at Bull Shoals.

KG's Supra24
03-24-2010, 12:00 PM
Well i think that might have been part of the issue with having it Ouachita. The dealer mentioned the houseboat companies were not cooperating but I'm sure it had to do with that topic.

It looks like Bull Shoals has a fleet of "not so nice" houseboats. Maybe they are ok with it? I didnt realize there was a "bad" behavior issue at Lake Powell.

I still plan to go. Hopefully some others from here will be attending. I know there are several people from OK on here.

dusty2221
03-24-2010, 12:04 PM
Details of the bad behavior?

tg0824SSVGG
03-24-2010, 01:08 PM
Nothing specific - but I can tell you, there is a trail of destruction and poor behavior that wakeboarders leave behind.

My wife and I host the United States Hyrdofoil Association National Championships each year, and the first thing we get asked when we want to use a lake is, "You're not ill-behaved like wakeboarders are you, because if you are - leave now".

I am not kidding - I don't have first-hand experience here, only hear-say - but I hear it
from many sources and many locations - they like to party - HARD -- and things are often torn up.

Don't shoot the messenger.

As an example, I found this the other day while looking for "Brostock 2010 location"

http://www.merchantcircle.com/blogs/Bull.Shoals.Lake.Boat.Dock.870-445-4424/2010/2/Brostock-2010-Wakeboarding-Tournament/515514

Read the last comment at the bottom of the page ...

87SunSportMikeyD
03-24-2010, 02:32 PM
You do realize they are trying to come to Bull Shoals because Lake Powell won't give them a permit because of their past behaviors during this event.
Posted by HisHairDude on 01:46 PM March 12, 2010

I wouldn't put a TON of stock into what HairDude thinks. I have read the wakeworld threads too. I have also heard that the main site they camped at last year was owned by 'lake nazis' who have also pulled the permits of other groups. I even heard that LF had organized people to clean up after the party but they were not satisfied. I heard there were many other campgrounds and campers on Powell that did not have any issues. Again, just what I have heard on a few WW threads.

87SunSportMikeyD
03-25-2010, 10:43 AM
Here is a sick vid from last years brostock. 5 mins.

http://liquidforce.com/brostock09.html

http://liquidforce.com/images/brostock09-contest-top.jpg

Makes me wonder if they are just givin out party islands and board shorts or what?? Their gear is everywhere in the video. I really think partnering with Supra is looking like a REALLY smart move for both companies.

Lots of sick moves, heel and toe 9s, bob soven freaking rules. Awesome to see aaron reed on a wakeboard. Rusty doesn't seem to go as big as behind his xstar what is up w/ that? Watkins has the double front roll on lock. Funny falls, balled up into the doubleup, overrotating flips, riders being super stoked and partying with the peeps, and looks like a great freaking time to me! Who's goin?

dusty2221
03-25-2010, 10:46 AM
Damn, those party islands are siiick!

cmtaylor777
03-25-2010, 04:54 PM
Only 7 hours from me. I may make the trip.

Gravity08
03-25-2010, 05:44 PM
A little under 8 for me...

KG's Supra24
04-28-2010, 12:32 AM
I didn't get a great response from this last time but figured I'd update the information. Brostock is officially going to be on Bull Shoals July 9th-11th.

Some info from last year .. http://www.liquidforce.com/brostock09.html

Wakeworld discussion - http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=777215

I booked a room today and it sounded like they were filling up quick. Seems to be a good time.

RanceOU
04-28-2010, 09:29 AM
Thats awesome, I am pulling the boat down to Oklahoma on July 1st and was staying tell the 11th but it looks like I will be heading up to Bull shoals on the 9th!!

saltare inverts
04-29-2010, 10:06 PM
http://s1039.photobucket.com/albums/a474/saltareinverts/I go to bull shoals twice a year. It is 6 hours from me. It is the best lake. Shaun Murray says its his favorite spot to wakeboard, hands down. I love the lake. I was there last year on fourth of July. Me and my crew had a big cove with ample wakeboarding room. We had butter water and saw two boats the whole day. This was on the fourth. My boat pic is of Bull Shoals. It is the best lake I have ever been too or seen. Here are some pics of Bull SHoals.

ProZach415
04-30-2010, 01:18 PM
I'll be there! 3 hours for me.

KG's Supra24
07-07-2010, 04:35 PM
It's about that time ....

Hoping to clean the boat up tomorrow and head out Friday morning. Should be a good time. If anyone from here is looking to meet up just let me know.

KG's Supra24
07-12-2010, 09:42 AM
I figured I'd throw up some pics from the Brostock weekend. I will just put up a random assortment. If there is a type of pics yall want to see let me know and ill try to make some time to post them up. (boats, wakeboarding, partying, etc)

Of course the even was pulled with the brostock 24. They were running a 750 sac in the playpen (im assuming in addition to the 1200 sac inside the playpen. I talked to the driver but he said someone else weighted it and he wasnt sure what was in the ski lockers.

KG's Supra24
07-12-2010, 09:44 AM
Here are some more ...

Bull Shoals lake is amazing! tons of room to board and great coves.

KG's Supra24
07-12-2010, 09:46 AM
and the last few as im sure there is something better i should be doing while at work ...

87SunSportMikeyD
07-12-2010, 11:33 AM
Thanks for posting, please keep 'em coming!

saltare inverts
07-12-2010, 03:36 PM
You asked if there was a type of pic we wanted you to post, you mean blonde brunette or redhead?

KG's Supra24
07-12-2010, 03:55 PM
Haha .. no, pretty much the examples i gave.

It was BROstock and it was HEAVY on the bro's!!! I mean they were everywhere!!!!

It was different than I had imagined. It wasnt that wild either. That may have been because the patrol were EVERYWHERE. I even picked up a warning for someone being on the back of the boat while idling.

Danny Harf won with a 1080, FYI. I will post up some more misc pictures. I tried to take some boat pics I need to post up. I saw several old supras.

mapleleaf
07-12-2010, 07:01 PM
great pics, the bow's got to have some serious weight...its sitt'in low.....