PDA

View Full Version : Floor Prob

TGriff
03-24-2010, 01:37 PM
Got a 06 Lunch 21! Noticed depression in floor Took to local dealer Skiers Choice agreed to pull up carpet and take a look They found a hole had been cut ( By factory ) and patched. (Not sure of Reason for this ) but patch fell in ) They are going to fix floor but will only replace half of the carpet ( down the middle ) I am not happy with that, so I was told that they would give me enough carpet to carpet 4 all of boat but I would have to pay for labor or do work myself! These are my only options and I have asked the Pres and CEO to call me but this has yet to happen. This boat stays inside had never been in rain untill now where is at dealer waiting on carpet I am lost on this CUSTOMER SERVICE ????? I do not think am asking alot! Just restore boat to predamage condtion that is ther fault !!!

87SunSportMikeyD
03-24-2010, 03:23 PM
As always there is a tug of war between the dealer and skiers choice. Please send an email to [email protected] and [email protected].

Here are some more contacts:
Give Roger Lowery a call or emal, I believe he is in the warranty department. His email is [email protected]. Another contact is Rob Loucks, his email is [email protected]. And lastly, Matt Brown is another contact I have used with good results, [email protected].

dusty2221
03-24-2010, 03:29 PM
^ Now that's a helpful reply. Hopefully one of those guys will help you out.

TGriff
03-24-2010, 04:59 PM
Couple names on there I have talked with in great detail with no luck but I will be calling the rest! The Rob guy told me he has no boss but the CEO/Pres so guess we will see ! I am just a Fireman who loves his Boat and the water so, hard for me not take the best care of my boat and how it looks ! Thank Much TGriff:-?

87SunSportMikeyD
03-24-2010, 05:43 PM
I heard Rob was the Customer Satisfaction manager. Best of luck in finding an agreeable solution for both parties.

michael hunter
03-25-2010, 02:12 AM
I cant believe SC would allow this to get out. The fact that the faulty repair was done at the factory this looks real bad for quality control . And now they want you to pay for their bad repair? I dont get it if I built it I would be embarrassed. Shame on you SC its a 06 boat make it right for the guy.

TGriff
03-25-2010, 09:42 AM
So I guess im going to have to do carpet myself ! I have never done carprt in a boat ! Any Tips out there? I am still mad at S/C but guess I will roll on with it. Thanks to all for you help!

michael hunter
03-25-2010, 10:39 AM
If you are not comfortable doing it yourself go to a carpet store. They usually sub out the installation. You could find someone to do a pro job. Good Luck. I am very disappointed to hear how this was handled.

87SunSportMikeyD
03-25-2010, 11:41 AM
Nothing like playing the blame game on the internet. Who can say where the hole came form on a four year old boat? At least they are making the repair and giving you the carpet. Shouldn't be too hard to install or too expensive to have installed.

dusty2221
03-25-2010, 11:49 AM
Not to be snippy, but how is it playing the blame game when he said he took it to a dealer and they discovered that it was a "Factory Mistake." It seems if that is the case, it should be a pretty simple resolution.

However, had it not been taken in and had the dealer not verified it were a Factory mistake, and all of this were just an assumption, then the blame game would indeed be the case. Sounds to me like SC needs to get with the dealer and work something out on this one.

Just my .02

87SunSportMikeyD
03-25-2010, 11:58 AM
Unless they have a receipt from skiers choice for 'one hole in floor' I don't think there is any proof of anything. Maybe another dealer pulled up the carpet and did it, or a previous owner. I don't have any reason to stick up for skiers choice here, but skiers choice and the dealer did offer their goodwill to cover most of the expense even though they have no obligation to do so.

michael hunter
03-25-2010, 12:09 PM
Ive never been a kool aid drinker, Supra has always been dear to my heart . But this just seems wrong to me. Maybe someone can explain how a botched factory repair is not fully covered. For the cost of installation labor they are putting future purchases in jeopardy not to mention bad press on this and other forums. If I were the dealer I would eat it and save the custermer and do whats right but that's just me?

TGriff
03-25-2010, 12:40 PM
As I posted They ( S/C) are telling me that the hole was cut in floor in the factory, then they Fiber glassed over it ( poss reason was option I did not got in my boat ) They are repairing floor because its there fault, but once agin as I posted they want to seam carpet down the middle, and I do not want that, nor would anyone. So in short this NOT a " Blame Game " but I feel very bad customer service. I work very hard as Im sure all of you do to make your living, I want nothing free, just make it right as they should.

87SunSportMikeyD
03-25-2010, 12:47 PM
Griff I dont want to belittle your experience at all, and I'm very sorry for your troubles.

Where did you take your boat? I'm assuming it is a boat dealer in Tx who carries Skiers Choice boats. This is not Skiers Choice, this is a dealer. The dealer is telling you the problem was done at the factory which is in TN. All I'm saying is who knows for sure unless they can prove it. It SOUNDS like from what has been posted here that they are blaming Skiers Choice.

It seems like a minor thing to hang it all on, but if you are not the original owner and they are not the original dealer, then how do they KNOW who put the hole there. Sorry to sound like a jerk.

TayTay
03-25-2010, 02:20 PM
I have a question. Is it the dealer that is telling you that you have to install the carpet or is it SC that is telling you that. I heard of many dealers, treating their customers wrong, but it may not be SC fault. I dont know if SC has the power to tell the dealer what to do or not. Just something I was thinking of. If I were you, I would't install it my self. I would insist that all of the carpet was replaced under warranty. My .02

TGriff
03-25-2010, 11:08 PM
Trying to recall all questions, All my info I was talking to S/C went all the way to a guy named Rob ( Customer Service Manger). I did ask for a call from Pres/CEO ( Not Happened Yet) I am the first owener, not sure on dealers ( Got it In the ATX )

Well today I went to get my boat from dealer I arrived to find a fairly good job done they cut it under back seat and pulled it forward ( Not near as bad as they told me ) they put it back down and steam cleaned it all ! Its not bad, Service told me they did not have to pull up near as much as they thought at first. It looks ok

They told me a odd story ( Please Keep in mind this is info passed to me by my dealer ! )

They told me that when my boat was made by S/C, there was an employee who was putting foam between stringers in areas where foam was not needed due to drainage under floor, upon this discovery they cut holes in the floor to get this foam out. and then patched holes, they also told me that the patch in my boat had only resin , no fiber tape. Also that this had happened to several boats in time frame my boat was made before the problem was corrected. They told this info came from S/C

So it will be ok for this summer, they are still giving me new carpet so next year I will be putting that in. I am glad it worked out but still am not happy with S/C customer service manager ROB, but Im over it.!

87SunSportMikeyD
03-26-2010, 09:48 AM
Glad you at least got some resolution. Sorry if I seemed harsh before. We would love to see pics of your boat!