PDA

View Full Version : Weight distribution SSV?

184militia
05-27-2004, 06:31 PM
We just bought a SSV with three extra large ballast sacks (after installed) and the wake plate. We don\'t consider that enough. We\'ll probably use 1-3 extra fat-sacks and led/sand. Were do we put all the extra weight? Have anyone experience of weighting the boat, using almost every free compartment available? How do we distribute the weight to get the optimal wake with a great lip? 60% back- 20% center- 20% bow? Or maybe 50-30-20? 70-20-10? Please, give us some feedback!

Spotts
05-30-2004, 11:59 AM
I personally would put more weight towards the front/center of the boat. Because you have a V-drive and the factory sacks in the back you don't need to put any more weight back there. Most people put lead or sand in the front. I would try to put about 250-300 lbs of weight with either lead or sand in the front of the boat before you go and buy more sacks to try to weigh down the back of the boat even more. The key to getting a bigger wake is water displacement and to get a nice shape you need both the front and the back weighted and the displacement from side to side has to be equal.
Hope this was helpful

jflock2
05-31-2004, 08:33 PM
I'm about 60/40 rear/front and the wake is pretty awesome. Run a search in the forum at wakeboarder.com - there are many other posts on the subject.

catdaddy76
06-04-2004, 04:10 PM
HOW BIG DO WANT YOUR WAKE?? I have the GG sacs and my wake is huge!
I wouldn't want anymore because I like to be able to come out of the hole and not have to change the factory prop!